What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,473,820 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Quigley Down Under, for the first time since I saw it in the cinema. It holds up very well. It was the first time I saw Alan Rickman. He does delicious bad guy, nearly as well as Richard Boone. sigh Laura San Giacamo really lifts the film with her performance. I remembered their performances well from this one long after I'd forgotten Selleck.

Tom Selleck isn't a great actor IMO. He likely has many fans but to me he's only a tall guy with really good hair. He's not good to watch on a horse (I do enjoy watching a man ride well), but still I enjoyed Ms San Giacamo and Mr Rickman.

My apologies to those who like TS. I'm not a big fan. Perhaps I haven't seen enough of his films? Any recommendations?

We're burning moonlight.

• Vera Cruz w/ Gary Cooper, Burt Lancaster, Charles Bronson, Ernest Borgnine, Denise Darcel and Cesar Romero. Rarely do they come as good or better than this.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Vera Cruz w/ Gary Cooper, Burt Lancaster, Charles Bronson, Ernest Borgnine, Denise Darcel and Cesar Romero. Rarely do they come as good or better than this.

Got this one on Blu ray, must get round to watching it!

Just watched Sons of Katie Elder again.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Got this one on Blu ray, must get round to watching it!

Just watched Sons of Katie Elder again.

Im resisting blue ray as long as I can since I cant afford it. However, this movie I know will be an excellent watch on it im sure ;-))

I need to get around to watching katie Elder again but i think ill reserve watching Duke till slightly after Aug 1sr since TCM is havinga full day of hie movies ;-))

I noticed they are playing Ernest Borgnine movies today. :-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi

The Hallalujah trail with Burt Lancaster Lee Remick and a host of others. I had forgotten how funny this film was and Martin Landau and Robert Wilkie were superb as Indian Chiefs.

Lancaster shows an excellent flair for comedy and the narrative is funny rather than overpowering.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low