What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,452,976 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Had an eclectic day yesterday. Saw "The Dawn Rider" for the first time and thought it was great. Some pretty quick male bonding.
    Followed this with John Stuges' "Backlash" which was on a Movie Plex channel. It has been restored but not broadcast in true widescreen format. It should be released in the proper format later this year. At any rate, it was a treat and Donna Reed was a bombshell.
    Ran out the night with a viewing of the "Rio Conchos" DVD. This one is aces all the way and I'd like to nominate it as a Classic Western.

We deal in lead, friend.

• The entire six hour blu ray of "Hatfields and McCoys". Had seen it before when it was originally broadcast. but this time I recognized bit players more and appreciated the depth to the story-telling.

Great Americana. Perfectly acted. Great show!

We deal in lead, friend.

• Watched for the twentieth time since buying it several months ago: Springfield Rifle w/ Gary Cooper, Gwinn "Big Boy" Williams, Phil Carey, Lon Chaney Jr. Alan Hale Jr and Fess Parker.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ambush w/ Robert Taylor, Don Taylor, Arlene Dahl, John McIntire, John Hodiak & Leon Ames.

Robert Taylor and Arlene Dahl:

John Hodiak as the Cavalry Captain:

Great shot with John McIntire:

W/ Don Taylor (mustache) as Lt. Linus:

Classic shot I think Keith will like:

Better version of this image;

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Encore Westerns had "Tomahawk", 1951, with Van Heflin, Yvonne DeCarlo, Tom Tully and Rock Hudson on today. It was a poorly executed and fictional account of the Fetterman massacre and included Jim Bridger.
    The battle scenes were lackluster and the same horse falls with different camera angles were rerun on top of one another, but it was new to me, and hell, it was a western.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Thats a pretty good movie. I bought it when it came out on DvD and I THINK I got it at the same time with an earlier Kirk Douglas Western: The Indian Fighter--because they both reminded me of each others movie.

• Cant see that I posted it but--had to watch both Springfield Rifle and another Western I saw yesterday but cant think the name off hand? as I was trying to clense my movies watching palate again thanks to a few not so good movies watched.

• Once Upon A Time In The West

Funny I too just watched this, while I found it highly enjoyable I wouldn't rate it as highly as the Eastwood-Leone movies but I thought Robards-Fonda-Bronson was a fine combination, was particularly impressed by Robards as he's not a guy iv'e seen much or heard much of. I watched the near three hour version and my only criticism was that it could have been cut a little, it dragged a bit in the middle and after the part where they commandeered the train the order of the scenes didn't make much sense and left me a bit lost.