What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,452,987 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• How good is Randolph Scott? I liked him with Duke in Pittsburgh (one of my favorite less known Duke movies) and The Spoilers,would Ride The High Country, Seven Men From Now etc be my kind of thing?

Hi Kiddo, where you been? HAPPY 800 posts! Now you can tell me Hi Keith Happy 2000 posts, LOL!

Peter, (Dooley), and I both started watching Randy's movies over a year ago........Colin the blogger of Riding the High Country got us started. Start with that one, and email me........I will give you our list of favorites. That guy really grows on you! Got a new place for you.........having M send you an invite. Have a good one, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• "Maverick" (1994)
    -Mel Gibson, James Garner, Jodie Foster

Plot:
    A gambler, a lawman and a con woman head to a poker championship, where conning is the name of the game.

Phantoms Review: I love this movie. One of the few tv show to movie adaptations, that actually works. The movie makers are able to capture the feel of the tv classic, without doing a carbon copy imitation. The acting is terrific, the humor spot on, and the story is very entertaining. A wonderful movie.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Sounds very interesting, thanks. Forgot to say I was watching The Cowboys AGAIN. I can now listen to the score and SEE the scenes in my mind, LOL. Also love to watch the extras. Great to hear everyone talking about the movie and their experiences. We are burning daylight and I am getting ready for my crying scene. Oh, for those who haven't seen the extras....those boys were actually Scared to death of Bruce even on the set. To hear them talk about that as grown men is quite something. When came time for Bruce to kill Duke......Duke had really beat Bruce up against the tree the day before and had truly hurt him. So, when Duke told him he was going to be hated everywhere, he said, "But they are going to love me in Berkeley". What a SUPER movie. Although the movie itself is fantastic..........seeing the extras really give you insight to things you wouldn't notice otherwise.

And although I LOVE all the music........that Vivaldi piece that Slim learns to play and does and then the orchestra plays it as horses, cows, and wranglers head straight up hill.........well, you just should get the whole experience. As many times as I have watched it........I never skip any of it. Also, it is good on regular DVD but the Blue Ray is Great!

Charlie, the one boy who dies on the trail is in the extras as a man. He says How many people can say Duke Wayne read their eulogy and buried them. Wouldn't be surprised if that is put on his tombstone should he chose that route............Duke Wayne buried me once! If you haven't watched it because Duke dies.....and it IS a rough death...........do yourself a favor. Watch it. It is really something! You may dislike Bruce Dern for a while, LOL.......and it DID hurt his career a bit...........but it is worth it. KEITH

"Maverick" (1994)
    -Mel Gibson, James Garner, Jodie Foster

Plot:
    A gambler, a lawman and a con woman head to a poker championship, where conning is the name of the game.

Phantoms Review: I love this movie. One of the few tv show to movie adaptations, that actually works. The movie makers are able to capture the feel of the tv classic, without doing a carbon copy imitation. The acting is terrific, the humor spot on, and the story is very entertaining. A wonderful movie.

• I watched a movie last night that I had not seen before called The Last Of The Fast Guns starring Jock Mahoney, Gilbert Roland, Linda Cristal and Lorne Greene good movie watch it if you ever get the chance.

• Iv'e been around, ain't been as active on here as tbh things are really quiet at the moment, i'll always be floating around facebook though. Thanks Keith you're always there to steer me right haha. I think i'll give one a go today and report back!

Hey Irish whats yur name on face book

• Two more westerns that I watched last night I had not seen before are A Day Of Fury 1956 starring Jock Mahoney and Dale Robertson and Massacre River 1949 starring Guy Madison and Rory Calhoun two good movies

• Hi Rocklin, Well, I knew Dale when I was a kid.......don't think I have seen that.....will have to get it. Also have not seen the others you mentioned. Thanks. By the way, weren't YOU the one who framed the drawings and was going to send a picture to me a while ago? Maybe it was someone else, Tommy.

Gareth, that little talk we started on the FS Fan Club took off on its own. People, including Mark have given you a bunch of Bob Mitchum's songs to listen to, (including Thunder Road which he wrote),......also some of Frank and Dino's early movies. Fun post that turned into a small EPIC, LOL. I posted in here in Pals of the Saddle Male.......named it Davy Crockett/Daniel Boone. But, it is on that same FB post I just told you about.....Mark came up with the Daniel Boone beautiful post of Daniel and Mingo in a canoe full of pelts and Ed Ames, (Mingo) just belting out his "ballad". Funny, I live just south of Booneville. He lived closer to me, but he would go up there a LOT and take people with him to hunt. Check out the FS post.......you won't beLIEVE how long it is!

Last Western I watched was The Cowboys again. Trying to get the music right for a blog. KEITH

Two more westerns that I watched last night I had not seen before are A Day Of Fury 1956 starring Jock Mahoney and Dale Robertson and Massacre River 1949 starring Guy Madison and Rory Calhoun two good movies

• Another western I watched last night that I had not seen before called The Last Frontier 1955 starring Victor Mature, Guy Madison, Robert Preston and James Whitmore another good movie to look out for.

• Hi Rocklin, Well, I knew Dale when I was a kid.......don't think I have seen that.....will have to get it. Also have not seen the others you mentioned. Thanks. By the way, weren't YOU the one who framed the drawings and was going to send a picture to me a while ago? Maybe it was someone else, Tommy.

Gareth, that little talk we started on the FS Fan Club took off on its own. People, including Mark have given you a bunch of Bob Mitchum's songs to listen to, (including Thunder Road which he wrote),......also some of Frank and Dino's early movies. Fun post that turned into a small EPIC, LOL. I posted in here in Pals of the Saddle Male.......named it Davy Crockett/Daniel Boone. But, it is on that same FB post I just told you about.....Mark came up with the Daniel Boone beautiful post of Daniel and Mingo in a canoe full of pelts and Ed Ames, (Mingo) just belting out his "ballad". Funny, I live just south of Booneville. He lived closer to me, but he would go up there a LOT and take people with him to hunt. Check out the FS post.......you won't beLIEVE how long it is!

Last Western I watched was The Cowboys again. Trying to get the music right for a blog. KEITH

No it was me bought a new camera but at the moment my son took it on his honeymoon and I won't get it back until I visit him for Christmas in Oxford.