What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,475,919 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• With Ben Johnson, Rod Taylor, et al, I think the supporting cast was pretty dang good and along with Duke & Ann, the best part of the movie.

• duel at diablo with games garner.a great western with plenty of action.the stuntman neil summers can be seen as a trooper.great utah locations.one of my favourites.

• With Ben Johnson, Rod Taylor, et al, I think the supporting cast was pretty dang good and along with Duke & Ann, the best part of the movie.

Ann Margaret nice looking girl but I never rated her as an actress. Ben was good as usual Rod Taylor I thought was a bit of a loose end in this western.

• Couple episode of Wagon Train with Ward Bond-Gawd, he was great in that series! Too bad most episodes didn't center on him-

• battle at apache pass with john lund and jeff chandler.good western with great utah location like professor valley,colorado river,ida gulch.it was interesting watching thoes locations and watching rio grande as john wayne used the same location.

• "Doc West" (2010)
    -Terence Hill, Paul Sorvino

Plot: DVD Talk
    The American West. Mysterious cowboy "Doc" West (Terence Hill) has just transferred by wire some serious cash from the Santa Fe post office to one of the finest boarding schools for girls in Boston...right before the post office is robbed by desperados. Unable to give rapid chase because of his horse's split hoof, West tracks the robbers, until he comes upon Silver (Benjamin Petry), a young boy suffering from a dislocated shoulder (his horse threw him and ran off), and a more immediate concern: a rattler moving in for a strike. West carefully draws down on the rattler, and from 300 yards, shoots his tail off...as a warning to the other snakes, he later tells Silver. Utilizing a bit of positive imagery misdirection, West re-sets the boy's arm, causing Silver to suspect that West is not only a hellava shot, but also a physician--a theory West quietly (too quietly) denies. Taking Silver back to his small desert town, Holysand, West immediately makes himself known to the wrong people, including taking vicious henchman Garvey (Alessio Di Clemente) in a poker game. Garvey works for town big wheel Nathan Mitchell (Boots Southerland), who's ruthlessly acquiring farmland for his expanding cattle herd. Sheriff Basehart (Paul Sorvino) locks up West for his own good (after Garvey accuses him of cheating at cards) as much as for the chance to talk to someone interesting for a change. Denise Stark (Clare Carey) isn't a doctor, but she knows one when she sees one, especially after the jailed West gives her the correct prescription for an ailing patient. The arrival of Millie Mitchell (Mary Petruolo), Nathan's daughter, sets into motion a final showdown between her father and farmers the Baker family--with "Doc" West caught right in the middle.

Phantoms Review: While it's great to see Terence Hill back in the saddle again, this film is a bit on the dull side. The action is very light and for some reason all of the female actors are terrible.
    On the plus side, Hill still has that same charm he had back in his spaghetti western days and Paul Sorvino looks like he's having a great time. Also, the film is beautifully shot in New Mexico. If your expecting lots of Spaghetti western style action and violence you'll be disappointed , this is more of a "Family "style western. Not bad, but it could have been so much better.
    The film did spawn a sequel called "Triggerman" which I'll probably be watching next week.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "Doc West" (2010)
    -Terence Hill, Paul Sorvino

Plot: DVD Talk
    The American West. Mysterious cowboy "Doc" West (Terence Hill) has just transferred by wire some serious cash from the Santa Fe post office to one of the finest boarding schools for girls in Boston...right before the post office is robbed by desperados. Unable to give rapid chase because of his horse's split hoof, West tracks the robbers, until he comes upon Silver (Benjamin Petry), a young boy suffering from a dislocated shoulder (his horse threw him and ran off), and a more immediate concern: a rattler moving in for a strike. West carefully draws down on the rattler, and from 300 yards, shoots his tail off...as a warning to the other snakes, he later tells Silver. Utilizing a bit of positive imagery misdirection, West re-sets the boy's arm, causing Silver to suspect that West is not only a hellava shot, but also a physician--a theory West quietly (too quietly) denies. Taking Silver back to his small desert town, Holysand, West immediately makes himself known to the wrong people, including taking vicious henchman Garvey (Alessio Di Clemente) in a poker game. Garvey works for town big wheel Nathan Mitchell (Boots Southerland), who's ruthlessly acquiring farmland for his expanding cattle herd. Sheriff Basehart (Paul Sorvino) locks up West for his own good (after Garvey accuses him of cheating at cards) as much as for the chance to talk to someone interesting for a change. Denise Stark (Clare Carey) isn't a doctor, but she knows one when she sees one, especially after the jailed West gives her the correct prescription for an ailing patient. The arrival of Millie Mitchell (Mary Petruolo), Nathan's daughter, sets into motion a final showdown between her father and farmers the Baker family--with "Doc" West caught right in the middle.

Phantoms Review: While it's great to see Terence Hill back in the saddle again, this film is a bit on the dull side. The action is very light and for some reason all of the female actors are terrible.
    On the plus side, Hill still has that same charm he had back in his spaghetti western days and Paul Sorvino looks like he's having a great time. Also, the film is beautifully shot in New Mexico. If your expecting lots of Spaghetti western style action and violence you'll be disappointed , this is more of a "Family "style western. Not bad, but it could have been so much better.
    The film did spawn a sequel called "Triggerman" which I'll probably be watching next week.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Have Gun Will Travel.Richard Boone
    With Ben Johnson ,George Kennedy and Chuck Hayward.
    Written by Harry Julian Fink ( Big Jake & Cahill US Marshall)
    Directed by Andrew V McLaglen
    They all have a common thread to some actor. His name escapes my for the time being.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Gunsmoke.
    This show had Bruce Dern playing the same kind of creep he played in the cowboys. He kills a man by shooting him in the back so he can have his belonging. He then sets out to kill the mans 12 year son in a barn with a pitch fork. The blacksmith was played by Greg Palmer. He much have given Greg ideas.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• I saqw that movie for sale at WM didnt pick it up but I was very glad to see Terrence Hill making movies agian.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Have Gun Will Travel.Richard Boone
    With Ben Johnson ,George Kennedy and Chuck Hayward.
    Written by Harry Julian Fink ( Big Jake & Cahill US Marshall)
    Directed by Andrew V McLaglen
    They all have a common thread to some actor. His name escapes my for the time being.

Heh heh, wiseacre ;-))

• Forgot to mention, just watched a Randolph Scott Western via you tube but forgot what its title was? It had he himself as a Cavalry officer who brought in some bad guy (Charles McGraw) Pretty good western.