What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,468,133 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "The Sons Of Katie Elder" (1965)
    -John Wayne

Plot: IMDB
    The Elder boys return to Clearwater, Texas for their Mother's funeral. John the eldest is a well known gunfighter and trouble follows him wherever he goes. The boys try to get back their ranch from the towns gunsmith who won it from their father in a card game with which he was shortly murdered there after but not before getting through the troubles that come with the Elders name.

Phantom's Review: One of Wayne's best 1960's westerns. Good acting, great story, plenty of action, some nice doses of humor and solidly directed by Henry Hathaway. Highly enjoyable for fans of the western genre.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• After the recent posting, I threw on "Hour of the Gun". Wonderful wide screen compositions by director John Sturges, world class Goldsmith, fine acting from Garner and outstanding supporting cast - whatever happened to Marty Markham?
    Robards took the flashiest western role ever - Doc - and turned him into a zombie.

We deal in lead, friend.

• whatever happened to Marty Markham?

You know I actually looked up Marty Markham, and discovered he was a character on the "Adventures of Spin and Marty". I double checked the cast list for the movie and stumbled across the always entertaining Monte Markham

Anyway as for Monte Markham, he has been busy popping up all over the place in my various old TV shows. All the way from A-Team to, Murder She Wrote, to Baywatch to Golden Girls and even in Star Trek DS9. And he never ceases to entertain me.

• AAAUUGHHH! Of course it's Monte, not Marty. I recall him from the TV series "The Second Hundred Years" where he played his own grandfather who had been frozen and defrosted (sort of like Walt Disney is/was hoping for).

Thanks for the correction, Lieutenant, and next time, I won't post from memory. Sorry if I wasted your time.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Thanks for the correction, Lieutenant, and next time, I won't post from memory. Sorry if I wasted your time.

We deal in lead, friend.

Never a waste of my time, I enjoy learning more about movie history and etc. I honestly though that maybe I had over looked an actor I should have known about in my travels across movie trivia.

Anyway, I am a sponge for movie knowledge and know stupid amounts of useless stuff about movies. So I hope that I did not come across as too snotty, or snobbish or like a jack-@$$.

• Lieutenant, I salute you. Not only were you correct, you were a gentleman. Any time I shoot from the hip like that, please feel free to set me on the straight and narrow.
    I too am always learning about old movies and actors. If I learn any more about Duke and his films, my address and phone number will be pushed out my ears.
    Maybe we can ask for a stream of consciousness thread to volley trivia about.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Corpus Christi Bandits, starring Allan "Rocky" Lane, the future voice of Mr. Ed. Roy Barcroft was the villain, of course! ;)

I NEED to see that movie since im moving to the town of the same name in two more days.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..