What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,474,093 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Curse Of The Undead" (1959)
    -Micheal Pate, Eric Fleming

Plot: IMDB
    western with a twist: mysterious gunslinger-for-hire Drake Robey is really a vampire, and it's up to Preacher Dan to save the town and girlfriend Dolores Carter.

Phantom's Review: A Halloween staple for me. While this is definitely a "B" movie, I absolutely love this film. Very underrated in my opinion. I'm a devoted fan of both westerns and horror and whenever the two genres meet I'm interested, unfortunately most of the time when this happens, it's pretty bad (remember "Billy The Kid Vs Dracula") but this time they got it right. Western vets Eric Fleming and Micheal Pate do good jobs as the town preacher and the black clad mysterious gunslinger. Some spooky music and a lot familiar faces in the supporting cast make this a little gem
    --

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Whoa! That's pretty much the full size poster. . I remember seeing one of these at a collectors show many years ago. Very cool. Thanks
    as for "Sundown" its a fun movie and any film with Bruce Campbell in it is worth a watch

• "Quantez" (1957)
    -Fred MacMurray, Dorthy Malone

Plot: Classicflix

John Coventry,and a gang of robbers trying to escape the law and cross the Mexican border.. The outlaws manage to elude the law and navigate the rough terrain, but the flight comes to a dangerous halt in the mysterious abandoned town of Quantez.

Coventry and company are forced to stave off an Indian attack. As their enemies get closer, tempers flare, betrayals set in, and lines are drawn between the men.

Phantom's Review: Very well acted character drama with an interesting concept. The only problem with this film is that it's almost totally action less and when some action does happen (towards the end) it feels forced. Not a bad movie, just not all that great.

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• A John Wayne double feature...

"The Fighting Kentuckian" - Very fun "B" Movie (with Duke playing a Davy Crockett like character named John Breen)

"The Alamo" - One of my all time favorite movies.

• "Colorado Territory" (1949)
    -Joel McCrea, Virginia Mayo, Dorthy Malone

Plot: IMDB
    Outlaw Wes McQueen is sprung from jail to help pull one last railroad job. He doesn't like his new partners - except dance-hall girl Colorado - and anyway fancies Julie Ann newly arrived from the east to set up home with her father. Maybe time to get out. Unfortunately he also has a $10,000 reward on his head, dead or alive.

Phantom's Review: While this film has a lot of western cliche's (the noble outlaw wanting to quit, the beautiful farm girl he loves, etc) it does a good job of turning them on their head. The action is good, the characters are fleshed out, and the story is very entertaining. Joel McCrea is as dependable as ever, delivering a fine performance. He really was a great western star. Virginia Mayo is beautiful as always, but Dorthy Malone is a blast as the farm girl who turns out to be anything but sweet. Some great stunt work and a shocking ending make this a very good film
    --

• "The Last Hard Men" with Charlton Heston and James Coburn. Curious double standard allows many violent deaths but leaves the actors fully clothed in a key rape scene. I'm not looking for any nudity, but the dichotomy is jarring.

The producers apparently decided that this one was a loser because it was released with just a temporary soundtrack of Jerry Goldsmith music from other westerns - Rio Conchos, 100 Rifles and Stagecoach.

We deal in lead, friend.