What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,473,206 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Saw for the first time, some episodes from the 1st Season of: Wanted: Dead or Alive. I must say that had I been around when the series first played? I would have been an instant Steve McQueen fan.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi

The Burning Hills with Tab Hunter Natalie Wood and Ray Teal. Apart from the script being written by a kid of 10. It also featured Ray Teal as the head baddie. Teal must have appeared in almost every western ever made or at least 50,000:wink_smile: But seriously if you're reading this Kieth and you haven't included him in Pals of the Saddle perhaps their ought to be a place for him.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• The Big Country What a awesome movie! Saw the whole darn movie for the first time. In the past, I would watch parts of it. It is long. But it is worth it. And the music is great.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "Duel At Diablo" (1966)
    -James Garner, Sidney Poitier

Plot: IMDB

Lieutenant McAllister is ordered to transport several ammunition wagons to another fort through Apache territory with only a small troop of rookie soldiers to guard them. Along for the ride is ex-scout Jess Remsberg who is trying to track down Ellen Grange, who, having recently been freed from Apache captivity, has mysteriously run off again to rejoin them. Remsberg frees Ellen again and leaves her with the embattled soldiers as he rides off to the fort, not only for help, but to find the man who killed and scalped his Indian wife.

Phantom's Review: Terrific, action packed western adventure. The film has a tough, realistic feel to it's action scenes, but also has some excellent dialogue and some very dramatic moments. Garner and Poitier are both excellent. If your in the mood for a solid well made western film, this is a good choice.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Hi Phantom, I have not seen the movie in years, but just a few months ago-I snagged a complete set of Lobby Cards for this movie.

• Still have 4 episodes of the 1st half of season 1 of: Wanted: Dead or Alive-to go. Im totally hooked on the series-going into it not figuring it was going to be a great see. Now I need the rest of the series. Just finished watching a great episode where he and George Macready-were the two survivors of Apache Indians attacking their Stagecoach. So far, this is the best episode ive seen-and several previously that were "pretty darn good."

• More of the half-hour Gunsmokes. Love these MUCH more than the hour episodes. A tougher Matt, and great one-liners between him and Doc. Later on it seemed Doc and Chester (and then Festus) were always ribbing each other. These earlier episodes had Matt and Doc shooting zingers back & forth-cool show!

• I've been watching these every day, too. They're quite enjoyable, I agree. The chemistry between the 4 is great: Matt, Chester, Doc and Kitty. They all form alliances and fence against one another from time to time. It's wonderful to see.

The only other time I've seen such chemistry between principals on network television was on ST:TOS between Captain Kirk, Spock and Doctor McCoy. Interesting to remember that series was first pitched by Gene Roddenberry as 'Wagon Train to the Stars.'

Westerns are cool.

We're burning moonlight.