What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,473,191 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• it is, directed by budd boetticher its the weakest of the scott/boetticher westerns,but it still worth watching.

Thanks ringo kid.
    I think that's part of the Warner archive titles, don't think it's in the boetticher box set.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Thanks ringo kid.
    I think that's part of the Warner archive titles, don't think it's in the boetticher box set.

no it's not in the boetticher box set.the box set only have 5 films the tall t,decision at sundown,buchanan rides alone,ride lonesome and comanche station.

• no it's not in the boetticher box set.the box set only have 5 films the tall t,decision at sundown,buchanan rides alone,ride lonesome and comanche station.

Yep, that's what I said, it's not in the Boetticher box set:wink_smile:
    Only have Comanche Station left to watch in that one.
    Have you seen The Nevadan or The Bounty Hunter?
    These are not easy to find over here and quite expensive so don't want to outlay if they're not worth it, especially as I have a Gary Cooper box set waiting in the wings to be ordered!

• [quote='Dooley','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=115961#post115961']Yep, that's what I said, it's not in the Boetticher box set:wink_smile:
    Only have Comanche Station left to watch in that one.
    Have you seen The Nevadan or The Bounty Hunter?
    These are not easy to find over here and quite expensive so don't want to outlay if they're not worth it, especially as I have a Gary Cooper box set waiting in the wings to be ordered![/QUOTE

ive seen both,they are enjoyable,i would recommend both films.to me scott never made a bad film.

• ride lonesome

Thanks for the info re Nevadan and bounty hunter.

Ride lonesome is in my top 20 westerns of all time!
    It's a brilliant film, bleak and far more adult than many films of the era.

Have you seen 7th cavalry? Which other Randolph Scott westerns would you recommend

• I rate Tin Star highly.
    Perkins is great in it, shame he then ended up so typecast.

Yes, I picked Tin Star out at random and was pleasantly surprised....really good movie. Got another uncredited for my book. Frankie McGrath was Jim Clark, the stagecoach driver who brought in the coach with the `dead man who had been riding shotgun. I recognized his voice right away and then had to watch until he turned around so I could see his face which was bare this time. I am learning to edit movies so I can take out the "snippets" of stuntmen and "uncrediteds" that I find. Hope to have a DVD to go out with the book. Don't know how that will go as far as the copyright laws are concerned....will have to see.
    True about Perkins. He had only been acting in films for about 4 years or so I think, but had a real presence. Of course there were four Psychos and lots of roles....but a good many of them were based on a crazed type character, I believe.
    Sure glad Henry Fonda didn't get killed.....I don't remember this movie and was afraid that he would at the end. Nice to have a happy ending!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Thanks for the info re Nevadan and bounty hunter.

Ride lonesome is in my top 20 westerns of all time!
    It's a brilliant film, bleak and far more adult than many films of the era.

Have you seen 7th cavalry? Which other Randolph Scott westerns would you recommend

ive seen 7th cavalry,it's ok film, good cast,good location,good story but not much action.scott is good in it so to is leo gordon,jay c.flippen and denver pyle.

ive seen all randolph scott A westerns i would recommend
    last of the mohicans
    frontier marshal
    western union(a must see)
    belle starr
    badman's territory
    return of the badman
    desperadoes
    trail street
    fighting man of the plains
    man in the saddle
    hangman's knot(a must see)
    a lawless street
    coroner creek
    the walking hills
    abilene town

after the boetticher westerns in my opinion theses are his best westerns.

• The Duke, on the big screen, (At the Rialto Theater in Denison, Texas) in my favorite, "True Grit".

First time in a long time that I've seen Duke on the big screen! They had showings of "Red River" and "The Green Berets" earlier in the year that I had to miss, but wasn't about to miss this one! Fun night!

• Thanks Ringo Kid, much appreciated

• Hi

Fort Utah a 1966 film containing such has beens as John Ireland, Scott Brady Richard Arlene and Virginia Mayo supplying the glamour. A badly acted film with a bad story.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Lol! The driest post for ages.

I'll steer clear of that one.

Thanks Arthur.