Hatari (1962)

There are 283 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 353,665 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Mark, I was looking over the group watch screen catches for Hatari just for fun and saw something you asked that I never answered...missed it. Those hats are common with fly fishermen, but can be used for anything. The long bill is for extra eye protection and some have zip off neck cloths. Here is a picture of a popular one. Better late than never, I suppose, LOL, KEITH

Long billed hat w.jpg

I got a question about Duke's hat in Hatari. Why does it have a large bill on the front of it? I understand the cloth on the back protects the neck from sun and sand, but why the oversized bill? Does the hat have a name?

Mark

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Hi Mark, I was looking over the group watch screen catches for Hatari just for fun and saw something you asked that I never answered...missed it. Those hats are common with fly fishermen, but can be used for anything. The long bill is for extra eye protection and some have zip off neck cloths. Here is a picture of a popular one. Better late than never, I suppose, LOL, KEITH

Long billed hat w.jpg

Thank you kindly, Keith. I knew I would get an answer eventually. It would take me some getting use to that flap hanging off the back.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Not as hard as you think, Mark. My ex fiancee, the white water expert, wore one the whole time on the river. I believe the one I showed had a neck strap on it. In White Water, you have to have a strap on your hat. It is not IF you will crash and burn, it is when. And when that raft goes over, the river takes everything not tied down or on, LOL! The flap is actually very flexible and keeps your neck from getting painful sunburn if you have short hair. In this pic, I was wearing my Tilley hat. Expensive but guaranteed for life........super boating hat....it had a neck string too........mostly seen on sail boaters. That is my Dog Pickup........just Loved White Water, after the first rapid at which she jumped out of the boat. She knew she was NOT allowed in a raft.....even on shore without her life jacket on. She would stand by the raft looking around waiting for someone to put it on her. Barry and I are in what we called "the Jacuzzi" beside the Middle Keenies, the second of three dangerous rapids one right after the other. Miss ya, KEITH

Me and Barry Jacu&#12.jpg

Thank you kindly, Keith. I knew I would get an answer eventually. It would take me some getting use to that flap hanging off the back.

Mark

• Thank you lasbagas for the wonderful images of Hartari! Please keep more coming if possible. Where did you get most of these images and how long did it take to collect them? Again, thanks for sharing.

• Hi Pepesnick, Larry speaks mostly French. So don't be slighted if he doesn't answer, LOL! Seems to be a secret as to where he gets his endless supply. However, I have noticed most lately have been B and W. Wonder why? Larry is an enigma......one that we all love! Just enjoy what he sends. We are most fortunate to have him! KEITH KP

Thank you lasbagas for the wonderful images of Hartari! Please keep more coming if possible. Where did you get most of these images and how long did it take to collect them? Again, thanks for sharing.