Fort Apache (1948)

There are 105 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 118,492 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• According to Night and Day magazine (Dec. 1954 issue), the stuntman dressed as an Indian doing the horse fall is Ben Johnson.

By the way, Lasbugas, do you have any pictures of John Ford with Ben Johnson? Another fellow and I have been looking for one but so far we haven't been able to find any.

• This is the one Fort Apache image I have. Its the near ending death scene for the Officers and non-coms. Notice that Duke is in that shot even if he was not in the movie ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hey folks I just noticed Amazon has Fort Apache for $4.99 in BluRay.
    Check out this website.
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fort-Apache-Blu-ray/33581/
    I called Amazon about another problem and he added fort apache and "the Battle of the Bulge"
    in BluRay at $4.99 each to my pre-order for the BluRay "The Quiet Man" and it should ship by the Jan. 29th.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited once, last by colkid60: add two lines ().

• Well, he was IN the movie but not in the hole they were in for the massacre. LOL, KIDDO! KEITH

This is the one Fort Apache image I have. Its the near ending death scene for the Officers and non-coms. Notice that Duke is in that shot even if he was not in the movie ;-))

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Duke is kneeling in front of Fonda. It's easier to see in Lasbugas' newsprint type photo higher up in the thread. Same picture.

Yep, that is the one I was looking at, but didn't see the kneeling one. Still doesn't look like Duke to me, but knowing most of the ones that were there, I can't account for someone that large, so maybe it IS him! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• This is the one Fort Apache image I have. Its the near ending death scene for the Officers and non-coms. Notice that Duke is in that shot even if he was not in the movie ;-))

Then and now! Although slightly different poses.

I took my shot standing in what is now the car park at Goulding's Lodge museum.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"