Salute (1929)

There are 20 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 28,013 times. The latest Post () was by Hawkswill.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Not sure, but I think this is mainly crew. Duke, besides having three parts, was in charge of Stepin Fetchit's wardrobe.....he was already working for Pappy then, but pretty sure this was his first speaking role. He played an underclassman in three places, and then Ward's upperclassman buddy after that. Some SUPER football game scenes where he and Ward were both actually the players.....I believe Duke was 10 and Ward was 46...been a while......but pretty sure that is correct. Yep. This pic shows them both
    going up to block O'Brien's Kick. You can see the vertical football's two stripes at the top of Ward's left hand when he blocked the kick. Duke is going up on the left a little behind Ward. I have a ton of screen catches if anyone would like them......most are very clear. Just let me know. KEITH Hadn't seen the "staff" picture or whatever it was, E Keith, thanks. Another for the old collection!

People who worked on the 1929 movie Salute
    including Marion Morrison -- later known as John Wayne (on the right).

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

Edited once, last by Hawkswill: mistake is verticle ().