Stalag 17

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,000 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ringo and a couple others,

I added another war movie to my collection the other day, Stalag 17. Great movie that is serious but throws in the humor from time to time to break things up. I thought this was William Holden's shining moment. Plus you get to see the director of In Harms Way acting, Otto Preminger.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• "Stalag 17" was a very good movie. I saw it recently on TCM and didn't realize how many character actors were in it. Nearly everyone of the participants were recognizable.
    Incidently, a parody of this and other prisoner of war movies can be found in the animated flick "Chicken Run" from a few years ago.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi all

I've watched "Stalag 17" a few times on TV,
    and enjoyed it. William Holden was a very
    good actor.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hi Todd, glad you got Stalag 17. I never tire of watching this film and do own the older DvD but plan on getting the newer one that has exrtra features included. Normally I would not buy an extra copy of a DvD but in this case I will. After I do get it, if anyone wants the other copy I have--let me know and i'll give it to you.

The cast was a great one for this movie and I thought that both William Holden & Otto Preminger both were most excellent in this fine film. I also appreciate the greatness of both Robert Strauss & Harvey Lembeck as Animal & Harry Shapiro respectively.

Other cast members I thought that did an excellent job in this film were: Sig Ruman as Sgt Schultz, Peter Graves as Security, Neville Brand as Duke and Don Taylor.

Other honorable mentions are: Robert Shawley as Blondie the radioman, William Pierson as Marko the Mailman (recently deceased) and Richard Erdmann as Hoffy.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..