Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,421,293 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Blu Ray of "Battle of the Bulge". It looked great but some of the process rear projection shots were glaringly obvious. This version has the U.S. deleted scene of Bronson's captured major confronting Shaw about the massacre of American prisoners.
    My father, who was wounded at St. Vith, hated this movie but would never elaborate.

We deal in lead, friend.

• The Blu Ray of "Battle of the Bulge". It looked great but some of the process rear projection shots were glaringly obvious. This version has the U.S. deleted scene of Bronson's captured major confronting Shaw about the massacre of American prisoners.
    My father, who was wounded at St. Vith, hated this movie but would never elaborate.

We deal in lead, friend.

My respects to your Father. I had an Uncle in the 101st who was at Bastogne and was also wounded during one of the tank attacks. This happened on Dec 23rd if i recalll correctly? Also, my former roommates uncle was killed there and was also on the 101st.

And speaking of a movie with Dana Andrews (Steve Forrests older Brother) I saw him last night in a nice classic: The Purple Heart. He was the Captain of a bomber crew who were captured by the Japanese and placed on trial in a Civilian Court-for allegedly machine-gunning civilians, bombing schools, temples and hospitals-even though the only targets in reality-weree all Military. This is also based on fact that 8 of the Doolittle Raiders were slated for and I think all eight were executed while in Japanese custody-some by beheading wiht samurai swords. >:-((

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Staying with the classic War Movies theme: Last night: Hell Is For Heroes w/ Steve McQueen, Fess Parker, Harry Guardino, Bob Newhart, Bobby Darin, L.Q. Jones, Nick Adams, James Coburn & Mike Kellin. This is the kind of war movie I like best, gritty and realistic without having to show someone carryibng his leg and blood spurting from a chest full of bulletholes.

• the fighting 69th

That's one of my top most favorite James Cagney movies. I love it. Also have several stills from ti too.

On Tuesday night-watched: Decision Before Dawn on TCM. This is a classic real-to-life movie filmed in the actual places 5 years after WWII ended. Everything you see-the rubble, uniforms etc-are the real deal. This movie starred: Richard Basehart, Gary Merrill, Oskar Werner, Hans-Christian Blech, O.E. Hasse, Wilfrid Seyfarth, and Hildegard Knef.

The extras were all as they were in the film meaning-anyone who was an American Soldier-HAD been an American soldier, anyone who was an extra as a German Soldier-had been a German soldier. Cant get more realistic than that.

• King Arthur w/ Ioan Gruffudd and Kiera Knightly (SP?) I went into this one "blind" but I had a good feeling it would be a good movie-and right I was. Highly recommend its watching.