Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,928 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Damn you love this movie!
    How many times have you watched it this year?:wink_smile:
    I'm so going to have to check it out.

I like it more and more with every viewing. I bought it around April and have watched it (for different reasons) about 10-12 times already--same with Breakthrough.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "The Bridge on the River Kwai". The new Blue transfer is a jaw-dropping sight over the prior DVD version. This is even better quality than the re-release print I saw waaay back in 1966.
    The duel of wills between Nicholson and Saito, the escape and the commando raid are nothing short of inspired. Throw in the rousing march theme, a literate script, outstanding actors and brilliant cinematography and you can lose yourself.
    It doesn't get better than this unless Duke is in it.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Yesterday I watched the Blu-ray version of Red Tails, about the Tuskegee airman in WW2. Thought it was pretty good. The flying and battle scenes were pretty spectacular, though most of it was CGI. They still made good use of it.

• Run Silent, Run Deep.

I've never seen this in it's entirety. It's a pretty good film, and the scene where the "Jap" sub nearly clips their's is VERY well done.

Good special effects as well.

Sure was Russ,
    Saw this first as a youngster and loved it, (although even then I was becoming a bit claustrophobic......that show really let you know how TIGHT the quarters were.
    Would love to see it again.......it has been a while. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• [quote='Gorch','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=117111#post117111']"The Bridge on the River Kwai". The new Blue transfer is a jaw-dropping sight over the prior DVD version. This is even better quality than the re-release print I saw waaay back in 1966.
    The duel of wills between Nicholson and Saito, the escape and the commando raid are nothing short of inspired. Throw in the rousing march theme, a literate script, outstanding actors and brilliant cinematography and you can lose yourself.
    It doesn't get better than this unless Duke is in it.

Loved that movie also Bill, although saw it many years ago.

OKAY, BLUE RAY, BLUE RAY, BLUE RAY......do yall have to rub it in so much, LOL? Just wait, ONE DAY..........KEITH

• The 1958 THUNDER ROAD with Robert Mitchum.
    Bob co-wrote and sang this song about a moonshiner and his white lightning running son. It was a hit for a long time. Sure was one of my guitar playing and singing campfire songs! Also, picture of a REAL white lightning runner before he became a Nascar champion....Junior Johnson. He lives down the road from me. I go over around 6am sometimes and have breakfast with whomever shows up....he and his foreman cook every weekday for friends.
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Friend Donnie and his boyhood pal Junior Johnson 3 times Nascar Champ, but ran moonshine when he was young! Full movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wd_TX_zPrM KEITH