Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,632,940 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Three Faces West, good story about Nazism and The Depression with Duke giving a really good early performance, this is from right about the time when Duke really solidified himself as an actor with his mannerisms etc and he really was very good in this playing a more subdued role. Charles Coburn was also excellent as always, a fantastic character actor, have never been let down by him yet. Much Better than I imagined it would be, Duke was really on fire around this time.

• Watched the newest GI Joe movie with one of my grandsons yesterday. The formal title is GI Joe: Retaliation. Starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Channing Tatum and Bruce Willis. It was pretty decent, could've been better. Alot of action and the villian, Cobra Commander, looks very imposing.

• Fast Five, the 5th in the series of The Fast And The Furious. Did you know that in 1955 there was a movie made with the same name The Fast And The Furious starring John Ireland and Dorothy Malone.

Well, son, since you haven’t learned to respect your elders, it’s time you learned to respect your betters.

• BBC America has a series called "Copper" which is set in the Five Points area of lower Manhattan in 1864 and 1865. It's the same setting as "Gangs of New York" only right after the draft riots. I have the On Demand option so I watched all 15 episodes available to date.
    One hell of a series. It reminds me of Deadwood only with Irish cops, rich swells, houses of ill repute and even has a corpse fed to pigs. The violence is very graphic and this may not be for everyone's taste, but I have three generations of Irish cops in my family, my grandfather was even chief of detectives, so I'm inclined toward the subject matter.

We deal in lead, friend.

• For anyone who might be interested I did a much longer and more detailed review of Three Faces West for my very new blog, if anyone could give me some feedback (positive or negative) I would really appreciate it http://classichollywoodcinema.…hree-faces-west-1940.html

Signed up and left comments. Looks good Gareth........nice job! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE