6th June 1944

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,663 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All

Once again it is that time of year when
    we remember the sacrifice of thousands
    of young mens, who on this day 62 years
    ago landed on the beaches of Normandy.
    Which was the start of the end, of WWII
    in Europe.

Arthur has also mentioned it in, "on this day"

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Yes, it is a memorable day for more reasons then just the D-Day landings in France. My fathers birthday is also today. He was born on the actual day it happened, June 6th, 1944.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I can remember D-Day very well when we heard it on Radio in those days. It took about one or two weeks before we could see it in Black and White at the old Fox Theater on the News Reals, and then watch a Good Western Movie or War Movie and most of the time they were "John Wayne" Films, that is the way it was done in those days. :rolleyes:

So Viper your Father was Born on D-Day? :) I think I was about 13 years old at that time. We all had many Relatives that took part in that very Big Invasion , and there were many that Did Not Make It Back Home!!! :dead:

God Bless All These Great Men. :jump:

Bill :cowboy:

P.S. I am sitting here right now watching the D-Day Invasion on the History Channel. :(

• I am glad that this has been posted about June the 6th 1944/2006. All day today when near the TV set, I was going fron news channel to news channel. All they were talking about was June 6th 2006, but nothing mentioned about D-Day 62 years ago today. :headbonk:

I want to express that I am very greatful to all the living veterans and those who died on this day 62 years ago. I will say that you Gents will never be forgotten.

To those who died: Rest In Peace Fellas. :(

To those who survived: thank you VERY much for your sacrifices Gentlemen. :)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Bill, yup, on the exact date. My granfather was in the Pacific theater at the time my dad was born, I am not exactley sure were he was at though. I wish I could have asked him about it, but he died before I had the chance to learn anything. He did bring back a japanese sword and a piece from a Zero that was shot down in a area that he was defending.

They are all heroes. Let all the fallen soldiers from that day rest in peace. And to all living may there days be filled with peace as well.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne