Saying Hello

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,925 times. The latest Post () was by kilo 6.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just saying hi and introducing ourselves. My husband and I came here looking for some help with finding a title to an old John Wayne movie. ( The one where a woman drives sheep through cattle country). It is good to see so many others who appreciate a good movie. Thanks for having this site..hopefully it will help answer our question!

• dontask,

First of all, my wife and I would like to welcome you and your husband to the John Wayne Message Board. We hang out here together quite often, and hope you two will, also!

As to your question, perhaps you could give a little more detail. Off the top of my head, I don't remember any JW movies where there is a woman driving sheep through cattle country. The Mrs. remembers Maureen O'Hara herding some sheep in one scene in The Quiet Man, but Ireland is not usually considered cattle country (at least I don't think it is - but our members from Ireland will correct me if it is :D ).

I do remember a movie with folks trying to get sheep through cattle country, but I don't remember John Wayne being in it.

I'm sure our illustrious band of friendly, knowledgeabe Duke fans will chime in with their thoughts - you have definitely come to the right place for an answer to your question.

Again, WELCOME! :lol:

Chester :newyear: (and the Mrs. :angel1:)

• Welcome to the board.

As Chester has already mentioned the only Duke movie that vaguely relates to this description is the Quiet Man.

I personally don't think that the movie you are refering to is a John Wayne movie.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• It isn't The Quiet Man.....( which is another one we LOVE!! ).....plot line is along these lines.....woman alone....running a ranch...needing to raise money........for some reason cattle isn't the answer for her and she finds she can raise money quickly with sheep....she drives sheep through town past the cattlemen and the cattlemen send John Waynes character out to talk some sense into her...and he trys to reason with her about why she cant keep sheep in cattle country.

• First, welcome to this great site and, could that movie your thinking about maybe be: Angel and the Badman? I'm not too familiar with Angel and the Badman but I could almost swear that I had seen sheep in that movie. Last time I saw that movie in its entirity was around 20 or more years ago.

Best regards--C.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Welcome to the site dontask. Hope you stick around for the conversations and the information.

As the others have said, it doesn't sound like a Duke film. Are there any other actors that you can think of that might lead us to another film?

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Robbie is right there were no Sheep in the Angel and the Badman but a good sized herd of cattle that the Bad Men tried to Steal, and I was one of them and got knocked off my horse by Duke with a Big Stick. :ph34r:

Chilibill :cowboy:

• Hello All
    How did that stunt turn out Chilibill?

Hello, Don't ask and welcome, to this site, from a member who has enjoyed reading and sometimes posting here. If you are interested in determining the name of the movie you remember, having, a female rancher / currently a drover who suffers the prejudice of local cattle owners when crossing the area the cow owners live in, ( I will not abuse the name rancher by association with these low life roles ), I would be glad to try and help. If your interest is in finding a particular John Wayne ( in the cast ) movie I would enjoy helping you connect to a member who is familiar with the film in question. If someone could help you both, answer a question, with the information you have already provided, I am sure they would have done so. Please consider anything you remember about the movie. If that represents a lot of details, names or your best recollection of the names of cast can be helpful. the year ( even apprx) when you saw it. These things can be like a puzzle and the more pieces put together the easier to see the big picture or in this case the missing name. No one has ever accused me of being psychic. I will help if I can. :)

Greetings from North of the 49th