Help - Wondering If Anybody Living In The Usa Can Help Me

There is 1 reply in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,300 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'll apologize in advance if I'm "out of line" with this request, but I'm wondering if anybody residing in the US can help me,

There's a book I want to purchase at the following link - http://www.txprisonmuseum.org/books.html. It's the Texas Prison Museum and the book is "The Letters of John Wesley Hardin" by Roy and Jo Ann Stamps and it sells for $28.00. I contacted them by email yesterday and they told me that they don't accept online orders and they ONLY ship to customers in the United States.

They can be reached at 936-295-2155 and they're located at 491 SH 75 North Huntsville, Texas 77320.

I'm wondering if anybody living in the US would be willing to order the book for me - have it sent to their home address and then you can forward it along to me. I would send you $40.00 - $45.00 US in cash (or money order - whatever you prefer) in advance of you ordering it (I'll just have to go out "on a limb" and trust that you won't get my $40.00 - $45.00 and immediately go out and have a few beers..:wink_smile:.

I'm assuming that $10.00 or $15.00 would be enough to cover both the postage and the possible charge for the long distance call if the person who's willing to help me out doesn't reside in Texas near Huntsville.

As I say, I would send you a letter with the money enclosed (or a money order made payable to you) with my contact information / address.

I don't know if this would be a big inconvenience for the person doing it, but I've been looking to buy this book for a long time and, unfortunately, on Amazon, it's only being sold by other sellers starting at about $50.00 ($28.00 is a cheap as I've seen it before).

Thanks in advance.

Mark