You Tube Question

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,582 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Has anyone noticed this problem lately?

It seems that most fo the time that I click on one of the You Tube clips here or on other places I get the message that the video clip is no longer available.

Anyone else having that problem?

Some times it works and some times it doesn't.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Keith,

Yes but I don't think it's a problem with our site. I think it has something to do with You Tube.

For example, I get the error when I try to play the video attached to the post about John Wayne's ancestors coming from Randalstown.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Hi T Bone,
    I've checked our, half a dozen or so, our our Forum,
    and the links appear to be working correctly.
    I'll check the one out, you've mentioned....

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I wonder if it has somethign to do with my version of Media Player. What version do you have?

Tbone

• That's strange. I've got WMP 11 too running on Windows XP sp 3.

Any hints as to why this is going on would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tbone

• Thanks Keith,

I really don't think it's a problem with the board. I think it's something with my computer.
    What's weird is sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The thing is if it doesn't work on a particular video, it never seems to. It only started doing this after I applied a lot of updates from Microsoft. :angry:

Tbone

• I just checked the one about Clint Eastwood and it seems that it is no longer available. I may see if I can find another clip and update it, so to speak.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Thanks Joey,
    I random checked some of your links and they were OK.
    However, from experience,it is wise periodically,
    to check all third party links, to ensure they are still fuctional!
    Perhaps you could be good enough to check all your original posts,
    it would be much appreciated.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• What's strange is that I can play some but with others I get the unavailable message yet other folks are able to watch the same videos.

Weird...

Tbone

• I've heard that sometimes videos disappear because a copyright owner has complained, and it gets yanked.

I've had the experience that after I play one of the links on our board, from YT, suddenly there is a blank white box where the video used to be. Then I go someplace on the board and come back, and it works again. Not always, but sometimes.

Other times, I've posted what I know is a good link, and the sucker just won't work . . . and yet I can go through the exact same motions ten minutes later, and suddenly it works.

Go figure! We all know how "reliable" computers can be :shades_smile:.

Chester :newyear: