Who is your favorite bad guy in a non John Wayne Western

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,661 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• another few are
    the hammond family in ride the high country
    michael pate -a lawless street
    bruce cabot-dodge city
    joel mccrea-fort massacre
    john ireland-gunfight at the ok corral
    scott brady-johnny guitar
    omar sharif-mackenna's gold
    john carradine-return of frank james
    alex nicol-the man from laramie/tomahawk

• Ringo Kid, you mentioned John Ireland from Gunfight At The OK Corral. What about John Ireland from My Darling Clementine. In fact, I think John Ireland is the only major actor to appear in two different movies about the OK Corral. As Ringo in Gunfight and as Billy Clanton in Clementine. And both characters were from the Clanton gang.

• Good choices especially Bill McKinney. Speaking of, I wonder whats become fo him since he isnt making movies with Clint Eastwood anymore?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Good choices especially Bill McKinney. Speaking of, I wonder whats become fo him since he isnt making movies with Clint Eastwood anymore?

Here 's a piece from Wikipedia

However, it was with Clint Eastwood that McKinney would become most strongly associated, becoming part of Eastwood's stock company after they worked together in Michael Cimino's Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. He enjoyed one of this best roles through this association, starring as 'Capt. "Redlegs" Terrell' in The Outlaw Josey Wales under Eastwood's direction. He appeared in another six Eastwood films from The Gauntlet in 1977 to Pink Cadillac in 1989 when the Eastwood stock company disbanded.

Other memorable roles include a misanthrope who is done in by John Wayne's The Shootist in the eponymous film directed by Don Siegel. McKinney was one of the last men that John Wayne ever killed on screen, one of Stallone's nemeses in the initial Rambo film, First Blood (1982), Against All Odds (1984), Heart Like a Wheel (1983), Back to the Future Part III (1990), and The Green Mile (1999). As well as films, McKinney has appeared in the classic TV movie The Execution of Private Slovik (1974), while guest-starring on some of the top TV shows, including Starsky and Hutch, The A-Team, Murder, She Wrote and Columbo.

McKinney took up singing in the late 1990s, eventually releasing an album of standards and country & western songs appropriately titled Love Songs from Antri, reflecting Don Job's pronunciation of the infamous town featured in Deliverance. He also played the heroic and noble Jonah Hex in an episode of Batman: The Animated Series called "Showdown". In that episode, he was the polar opposite of his character in Deliverance.[opinion] In February 2010 he accepted a role in the Robin Hood–inspired horror film Sherwood Horror and formerly had a short cameo in 2001 Maniacs. Sherwood Horror Finds Deliverance Baddie

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Ringo Kid, you mentioned John Ireland from Gunfight At The OK Corral. What about John Ireland from My Darling Clementine. In fact, I think John Ireland is the only major actor to appear in two different movies about the OK Corral. As Ringo in Gunfight and as Billy Clanton in Clementine. And both characters were from the Clanton gang.

waynamo jim
    john ireland is good in my darling clementine but i think his much better in the gunfight at the ok corral.

• Thank you for the info on him Keith - its good to see he still does stuff on occasion ;-)) I hate to see a good talent wasted.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..