General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,161,844 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist--son of the famed Field Marshal Ewald von Kleist--died at the age of 90 in Munich on Friday. He was the last surviving member of the July 20th bomb plot against hitler. I have his signed photo lying about somewhere. Also, I own a pair of his Fathers Rittmeister boards from WWI.

As he looked in WWII:

As he looked in later years.

His Father, GFM Ewald von Kleist.

Here he is just an Generaloberst (aka) Colonel General.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• I just read that Claude King, singer and songwriter, passed away at age 90 on March 7th, 2013. Although he is probably best known for his hit song "Wolverton Mountain" (1962), John Wayne fans will likely know him best for his recording of "The Comancheros", although his song was eventually not used in the film.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Robert Relyea, assistant director of "The Alamo" has passed.
    His autobiography - "Not so Quiet on the Set" - is a raucous history of working in the '60s with macho actors and crews. His retelling of a profane exchange between Duke and an excitable Widmark is alone worth the price of the book.

From "The Alamo", he immediately worked on "The Magnificent Seven" and later "The Great Escape". In Seven, he hid in a hotel room and fired a blank at the hearse from a hotel window. McQueen fired back a live shotgun burst into the the same window while Relyea hit the floor.
    In "The Great Escape" he flew the German training plane stolen by Garner and crashed it into the trees.
    He wasn't a stuntman, he was an assistant director, but he performed whatever was necessary for the film.
    Good man.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Hi

Norman Collier has died. He will be completely unknown in the States but in England he was known as the comediens comedien. He made a career of pretending that he was using a broken microphone so that every other letter was missed

RIP Norm

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Character Actor Malachi Throne Was 84

Malachi Throne, 84, a character actor who had a featured role as Robert Wagner's boss Noah Bain on the television spy series "It Takes a Thief" in the late 1960s, died Wednesday of lung cancer at his Brentwood home, said his wife, Marjorie.

He also appeared in several incarnations of the "Star Trek" television series, including providing the voice for a character called the Keeper in a pilot episode of the original "Star Trek."

When Throne portrayed the villainous False-Face on the "Batman" TV series in 1966, his face went unseen because he wore a mask. Introduced in a two-part episode, he was credited as "?" at the end of the first part and as "Throne" after the second.

"Everyone wanted to know who played False-Face," he later said. "It was the best press I ever got in my life."

Born Dec. 1, 1928, in New York City, Throne sang at the New York World's Fair in 1939. He later acted on the New York stage and was active in Theatre West in Los Angeles.

Between 1959 and 2007, he appeared on dozens of television shows, including the 1990s programs "Law & Order" and "Babylon 5."

His son Zachary is an actor and musician. His other son, Joshua, is a production manager.

http://www.latimes.com/news/ob…-20130317,0,3760897.story

• I've seen Thornton in a lot of roles. He was never a star, just a good, solid character--the kind that holds the movie industry together. Good-bye to a trouper.