General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,162,207 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• the first season eps 19, title name the sound of fear. i also have the first 3 seasons

Ah, thank you. Its been about 5-6 years since I last looked at them. I wished thye had stayed in B&W for at least a few seasons--didnt seem the same starting with Season 2 and Albert Salmi having lest the show.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Jane Henson, Who Helped Create Muppets With Husband Jim, Dies at 78

Jane Nebel Henson, who partnered with her husband Jim Henson to launch the Muppets and worked to preserve his artistic legacy, died April 2 of cancer in Conn. She was 78.

Born in Queens, N.Y., she met Jim Henson in a puppetry class at the U. of Maryland, and began working with him as performer, puppet designer and builder when they were offered a spot on WRC-TV in Washington, D.C. while they were still undergraduates.

The Muppets made their first appearance on their show “Sam and Friends,” which aired before the “Huntley-Brinkley Report” and “The Tonight Show” with Steve Allen, where their signature puppets made their first national guest appearance.

They were married in 1959, and Jane gave birth to Lisa, Cheryl, Brian and John in the next five years and Heather in 1970.

As the Jim Henson Company grew, she actively participated in the organization, collaborating with Jim Henson on projects including “The Art of the Muppets” traveling museum exhibit and “The Muppet Show on Tour” and “Sesame Street Live” stage shows. She also was said to have had a keen eye for spotting puppeteer talent. She served on the board of the Jim Henson Foundation, which promotes the art of puppetry. In 1992, She founded the Jim Henson Legacy to preserve Jim Henson’s artistic contributions, and in 2001, she created the Jane Henson Foundation to continue her philanthropic work.

Jane Henson also co-founded the National Puppetry Conference at the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center and received honors from organizations including the Union Internationale de la Marionette (UNIMA), Puppetry Guild of Greater New York, the University of Maryland Alumni Association, the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, GA, the Paley Center and the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History.

Jim and Jane Henson were legally separated in 1986, but she continued to be active in preserving the legacy of her husband, who died in 1990.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/peo…im-dies-at-78-1200332155/

• Roger Ebert's demise saddens me but I know his painful suffering from cancer is over.
    I have followed his reviews since 1969 when he was one of the few critics who championed "The Wild Bunch", and have enjoyed both his written and on screen reviews. He spent time with our Duke and reported it in fine style.
    Vaya con Dios.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Ill miss Ebert too. I remember every Saturday at noon-the Siskel and Ebert show would be on as well as their thumbs up and thumbs down thing. Every time I saw them do that--reminded me of the Romans deciding the fates of Gladiators in the ring hopefully waiting to that that Wooden Sword.

• Today is the 50th anniversary of us losing 129 Submariners who were on the USS Thresher and who were doing some deep sea diving at Cape Cad.

Rest in Peace Gents.