General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,147,720 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Today is a sad day, because the father of cinema fantasy has left this world. Ray Harryhausen died today. He lived a rich life and enriched the lifes of countless cinema lovers and film makers. I was lucky to have known him, years ago he ha...d invited me and Christiane to a wonderful evening at his house. Over the years we had exchanged letters which resulted in discussing a possible project. It wasn't meant to be but the memories will never fade away.

• This news really saddens me. Can't tell you how much time I spent in the dark watching Ray's critters.
    My first exposure to Ray was "20,000,000 Miles to Earth". My friend and I sat there with our mouths hanging open. My buddy died last month.
    Next was "7th Voyage of Sinbad" which had a packed theater of kids screaming at the Cyclops and cheering the skeleton fight.

Saw "Jason and the Argonauts" six times in one week.
    I showed my young son (Jason) Ray's work on VHS and even got to see "Clash of the Titans" with him at the movies.
    I've even had the great experience of showing my six year old grandson some of Ray's early work and his sense of wonder makes me smile. I watch his face more than the movie.

So, Vaya con Dios, Ray and thanks for everything.

• Oops-nice FX shot, but this is one of Bert I, Gordon's films, not Rays.

I know--but I just wanted to get something with a monster in it. I THOUGHT I had found one from: Earth vs the Flying Saucers--because I could swear I saw a pic with one of the Saucers flying--but I made a post somewhere and-when I went back to look? I couldnt find the image-let alone one that was movieg. Another i was hoping to find--was a moving image showing those Skeleton Warriors fighting-I think it was--Sinbad?? in one of the Sinbad movies he worked on.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I know--but I just wanted to get something with a monster in it. I THOUGHT I had found one from: Earth vs the Flying Saucers--because I could swear I saw a pic with one of the Saucers flying--but I made a post somewhere and-when I went back to look? I couldnt find the image-let alone one that was movieg. Another i was hoping to find--was a moving image showing those Skeleton Warriors fighting-I think it was--Sinbad?? in one of the Sinbad movies he worked on.

Jason & The Argonauts had the smal army of skeletons fighting, and 7th Voyage of Sinbad had one skeleton fighting Sinbad. Loved 7th Voyage, that was my intro to Ray's work, and it was (and still is) magical.

• Jason & The Argonauts had the smal army of skeletons fighting, and 7th Voyage of Sinbad had one skeleton fighting Sinbad. Loved 7th Voyage, that was my intro to Ray's work, and it was (and still is) magical.

I dont think ive ever seen the Argonauts movie all the way through? I need to see how many of his movies are on DvD? I know of a Ray Harryhausen box set-which has 4-5 movies on it--but I have most of them already.

• Rest in Peace both. Joyce--I liked listening to your bits when on talk shows and such and glad you won that ""$64,000 Dollar question.""