J.Depp is Lone Ranger?

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,741 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I wouldnt take anything seriously from anyone in the modern media i.e music & films. To be honest it is inhabited with people with little white mice running around their heads.

The few sensible ones are in a small minority.

Its too bad that alot of people in this country do take what these people in Hollywood say seriously. That is the problem with this country, most people don't dig for the truth themselves which in turn makes them not think for themselves. They call them sheep!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Its too bad that alot of people in this country do take what these people in Hollywood say seriously. That is the problem with this country, most people don't dig for the truth themselves which in turn makes them not think for themselves. They call them sheep!!

Hi Todd, I agree with your statement above. However, for me-it really just depends on who it is that has these views-to be the ones I decide to watch or not? A strong case-in-point is Burt Lancaster. I've heard and read that he was a strong liberal-yet I grew up with his movies and like he and them very much-even though I know he was a liberal. Now if you take someone like george cLOONEY, I never have liked him from the first time I ever saw him in anything-and I greatly dislike him even more now. I'lll give him a compliment though-he's a handsome guy-buy IMO-should have never been picked as the most sexiest guy on the Planet.

I used to like Sean Penn, but I refuse to watch any of his newer movies. However, I will still watch him in Fast Times At Ridgemont High, and Bad Boys. Other than these two movies-nada. Also, he deseves a compliment in that he is a good actor-but is a public scandal almost everywhere he goes. Now he's trying to seem like the kind compassionate guy-but having had about two decades of hearing about his bad public behavior-tells me that I could never take him serious on anything.

I mean no hatred in my post-it's how I feel about certain hollywood types because of their behavior and bad examples. I wonder what Charles Bronson "saw" in Sean Penn that made him like him so much?

Take care and best regards-Carl. :wink_smile:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• As a young boy in the Forties, one of my greatest pleasures in life was listening to old time radio: "Lum and Abner", "The Great Gildersleeve", "Amos and Andy", etc. Back then, you had to use your imagination, instead of nowadays when even in the movies, they leave absolutely nothing to the imagination.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Bill,
    Want to bring back some good memories? Go to this web site, which lists many if not most of the Gildersleeve episodes. They're listed in chronological order on the right, beginning in 1941.

Click on the episode you want to listen to, which will bring up a red arrow next to the episode number. Then go to the top of that block of episode titles and on the left you'll see a white arrow. Click on the white arrow and it'll start playing the episode. Like you said, it brings back the good old days. In the first episode, it even mentions "Fibber McGee and Molly".

I was about 3 or 4 years old when I started listening to those radio shows on my Grandma's big old radio. (If I remember right, it was a Zenith).

De gustibus non est disputandum