Chat Room Link

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,557 times. The latest Post () was by kilo 6.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I have noticed that there are quite a few hits on the new direct link to the chat room, so I want to share this information, in the hopes you will have a rewarding visit there.

When you first log onto the message board, the first screen you're on shows all the different forums. That is the Main View page. If you scroll down almost to the bottom of the page, you will see "Board Statistics". There, you can see who is online at the same time as you. If any members are online, my experience has been it is best to send them a PM (Private Message) to see if they would like to chat, and wait for a response. Some times, people sign off before they receive the PM, so don't take it personally if you don't get an answer right away.

We find the new direct link is more convenient because it opens the chat room in a separate window from the message board, so you can go back and forth as needed (and to watch for more people to invite to join you).

So far, not that many people seem to take advantage of the chat room, but that will likely change as more people become familiar with it, and since Kevin has made it so easy to get to.

I hope to chat with y'all one of these days! :D

Chester

• Chester, I logged on to the chat room last night for the very first time. I had never been on a chat room before. I"ll wait unitl this evening to try again. There was none around last night.
    Thanks,
    Little Duke

• Hey Chester,

Are you talking about me? I seem to log out everytime you PM me to go to the chat room. :lol:

Try it out everyone. I had the chance to talk to Robbie, Kevin, RESAR, Chester, Baron, Clancy, and others. It is a great time to get to know one another, and get some of those Duke questions answered quickly.

For example, Robbie shared with me that the landmark of The Quiet Man still in tact is the stone bridge that Duke sat on at the beginning of the movie, while the cottage that Duke and Maureen lived in as husband and wife is now in rubble.

Try it out, you'll really like it, and Chester is right, it's faster with a direct link on the board.

Cheers, Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Aug 21 2003, 11:53 PM
    Hey Chester,

Are you talking about me? I seem to log out everytime you PM me to go to the chat room. :lol:

Hondo,

No, no . . . it's happened with others as well as you.

But if others are on the board, I guess it doesn't hurt to just check into the chat room to see if anybody is there, without PMing them.

But if no one is on the board, there would be no point in going to the chat room, right?

It's kind of a hit and miss thing, but when you get in there with others, it really is fun! I, like you, have had some great conversations with others on the board, and you do get to know them a little better in a chat situation.

Chester

• HI CHILIBILL GO TO THE ARROW NEXT TO CHATROOM AND CLICK ON IT IT WILL BRING YOU TO THE CHAT ROOM YOU MAY HAVE TO REFRESH THE PAGE ONCE OR TWICE AND YOU SHOULD GET IN

"COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

• We're not sure how this slid all the way to the last page of the Newbie forum, but wanted to make the information available again.

One thing that we should change is that when you click on the chat room link, it does NOT open the chat room in a separate window. If you want to open it in a separate window, RIGHT click on the link, and on the menu that pops up, choose "Open Link in New Window." Then you can check on the message board, to see who is online, and be in the chat room at the same time. Just a couple of days ago, I saw that smokey and Hondo were online, so I PM'ed them to see if they would like to chat. They did, and while we were chatting, I kept checking back in on the message board, and after awhile, Chilibill was online and I invited him to chat, and he joined us, and I sent a couple of other PM's to invite others as well.

We had a fun chat time, and I know there are others who would enjoy the experience.

I hope this helps for those who have been looking to chat with others.

Chester :newyear:

Originally posted by chester7777@Jul 6 2005, 09:50 PM
    One thing that we should change is that when you click on the chat room link, it does NOT open the chat room in a separate window.

[snapback]18678[/snapback]

For the time being, at least, it does seem that clicking on the Duke Chat link does open the chat room in a separate window (or at least it did for me, just a few minutes ago). However, if it doesn't for you, just follow the suggestions above.

Also, I have a fairly fast connection, and it takes a little while for the thing to load and open. If you only have dial-up, you should open the window and then go get a cup of coffee or something - makes the wait more tolerable! It will probably open eventually.

Good luck, and we look forward to seeing you folks in the chat room one of these days!

Chester :newyear:

• Hello All
    Is there a way to read past chats? I knew how to do it on the old format but lost the path on the new one. any advice would be appreciated ( in a pm would be great) thanks murray :wacko:

Greetings from North of the 49th