The Restoration of John Wayne's THE ALAMO- Movie

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 23,878 times. The latest Post () was by Gorch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We've been reviewing our fundraising plans, and have made a decision to accept only Corporate sponsorships toward the restoration of The Alamo, and will keep you in the loop as things progress.

Thank you all for your support.

RAH

• We've been reviewing our fundraising plans, and have made a decision to accept only Corporate sponsorships toward the restoration of The Alamo, and will keep you in the loop as things progress.

Thank you all for your support.

RAH

Is it possible that any donations sent to the address you gave previously will still be accepted towards your work? We are certainly interested in anything we can do to assist in the support of this project.

Chester :newyear:

• stacy,

The reference in the thread title to the restoration of John Wayne's The Alamo is regarding the film, not the set location, although you are correct that there has been talk about closing down the Brackettville location (it may even have take place by now . . . there is a little more info in this thread).

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify the issue.

• I've known for the past few years that Collins was a huge Alamo fan. Over on the johnwayne-thealamo web site, many of the guys over there meet every year in March during the High Holy Days, as they call them. And a few years ago, a few said they met Collins there during a battle re-enactment that's put on and other ceremonies. At the time, he wasn't there as an authority on it but, just as a fan and mingled with other people in the plaza. And now, he's very much involved in anything having to do with the Alamo and speaks at the symposium they hold during the first week in March.
    As for him buying Alamo Village, that would be nice or he could make it a joint effort with one David Jones, of whom I don't know much about but, has been interested in buying Alamo Village for the last few years. A man named Rich Curilla, who is a film maker and also an expert on many things Alamo and has worked at Alamo Village for many years, knows Mr. Jones and says that he's still hoping to buy it and restore it to it's original state from when John Wayne built it for his movie. He wants to also make other improvements and upgrades to the place and make it the type of tourist attraction that all people will want to go see.

Maybe Collins could work to help get financing to restore the film? Just a thought.
    BTW, does anyone know whatever happened to that project? Robert Harris sounded like he was all set and ready to go, and they were even collecting donations for financing, then the whole thing seemed to drop off the face of the planet. I haven't heard anything about it for over a year.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• The reference in the thread title to the restoration of John Wayne's The Alamo is regarding the film, not the set location, although you are correct that there has been talk about closing down the Brackettville location (it may even have take place by now . . . there is a little more info in this thread).

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify the issue.

Just to remind members, the discussion
    about The Alamo movie location is here:-
    Duke's Movie Locations-Alamo Village

Chester7777,Jim, hope you didn't mind me adding 'Movie'
    to the end of your thread title,so as to clarify the topic of this thread!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Maybe Collins could work to help get financing to restore the film? Just a thought.
    BTW, does anyone know whatever happened to that project? Robert Harris sounded like he was all set and ready to go, and they were even collecting donations for financing, then the whole thing seemed to drop off the face of the planet. I haven't heard anything about it for over a year.

I haven't heard nor seen a thing on all the websites I frequent. I am guessing that the economy has something to do with any holdup's on the project. I just hope that it doesn't get placed to far on the back burner.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I received email back from Bill Hunt and Robert Harris. Robert Harris is the person who is heading up the project . . .

Todd, since you were so proactive and made the first contact, would you be willing to follow up and see what's happened with this project? Like others, I tried searching and couldn't come up with anything.

I wonder why they decided to only go with corporate sponsorship and not include private donations. Many small donations can add up to an appreciable amount (as we know from some fundraising we've done around here over the years).

• I wonder why they decided to only go with corporate sponsorship and not include private donations. Many small donations can add up to an appreciable amount (as we know from some fundraising we've done around here over the years).

My guess is that it was probably some B.S. tax @#$%& that lead them to cancel the private donations.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Have there been any new developments on this project? I've written a few inquiries but have never received a response from Bill Hunt at Digital Bits or from Robert Harris.
    If anyone has any input, I would appreciate an update.

We deal in lead, friend.