There are 22 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,922 times. The latest Post () was by William T Brooks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I brought this back up because when we are taking people thru the Museum at Williams, Arizona they ask all about what Westerns that were done here in Northern Arizona ?
    :ohmy:
    After we show them all of the John Wayne things and try to tell them all the John Wayne Stories, they want to know about film making that was done here ?
    :wink_smile:
    So we did a 10 Min. film Clip to Show Them about Jimmy Stewart's film "Broken Arrow" because I was a Extra in the Film when I was about 19 Years Old in the late 1940s, and knew how they did the Film and could tell the all about it !
    :hyper:
    I got Killed 7 Times in This Film, as a Miner, Indian and one of the Bad Guys at the End of The Film, and the Film Clip Below will show Me Bitting the Dust in The Film, Remember this was 60 Years Ago !!!
    :omg:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• ChiliBill-A great movie clip-You must have cat like tendencies to die so many times in one movie LOL. That is also a very good movie, you just have to love the scenery in the westerns. How did they make the arrows look like they were really being shot into people? Now a days they do everything with a computer.
    Andy:teeth_smile:

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"

• Andy, In those days they had a man by the Name of "Howard Hill" that was the Greatest Bow and Arrow Man of that time that did most of the Films of the time where there was Bow and Arrow Work !
    :hyper:
    If they had a man to be shot in the Body they had a Steel Plate with about Two Inches of Cork that was put under the Shirt, and Howard Hill would be Just Out Of Camera Range, about 10 Feet away and would Shoot a Short blunt Arrow at the Man with a Very Low Powered Bow and it would go thru the Shirt and Stick in The Cork !!
    :ohmy:
    For The Arrow in The Neck, the Arrow was Mounted on The Neck with a Holder with a Strap before they Started The Film Shot, and they would start the Shot just as the Arrow was to Get There !!!
    :wink_smile:
    Below You Can Go To My Site with Pictures of Howard Hill .
    Bill
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/HOWARDHILL.html