There are 22 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,923 times. The latest Post () was by William T Brooks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Long Before the Film "Broken Arrow" that was done a few years ago about a B-2 Bomber a Missing A-Bomb,
    There was a Great Film Based on History and The Apache Indians Here in Arizona, with Jimmy Stewart Done Here in Sedona and it was Jimmy Stewart At His Best !!!
    (bud)
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Long Before the Film "Broken Arrow" that was done a few years ago about a B-2 Bomber a Missing A-Bomb,

There was a Great Film Based on History and The Apache Indians Here in Arizona, with Jimmy Stewart Done Here in Sedona and it was Jimmy Stewart At His Best !!!
    (bud)
    Chilibill

One of my favorite Jimmy Stewart movies. Jeff Chandler made a great Cochise.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• This was a Fine Film for Jimmy Stewart, Jeff Chandler and Debra Paget and gave a Very Good Historic Picture of The Apache Indian War here in The Southwest !
    :wink_smile:

Delmer Daves the Director of the Film Brought in 250 Apache Men, Woman and Children from the White Mountain Apache Country for the Film !!
    :tongue1:
    The Film was Done Here in Sedona in 1950 and I was Lucky to have been a Extra in the Film and was Killed 7 Times in the Film !!!
    :laugh:
    Chilibill

• Thank god you didn't use all 9 of your lives!!! :stunned::hyper:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I would like to try somthing New, and because we are talking about "Broken Arrow" I will put it up First !
    Because YouTube only lets you put up 10 Min. at a time I will do it like They Did it in the Old Days like a Old Time Serial on Saterday at The Theater !!
    :teeth_smile:
    Here is the First Film Clip of "Broken Arrow" !!!
    :biggrin:
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Here is The Second Film Clip !
    Duke had Told Jimmy Stewart and Delmer Daves about Sedona After He had Done "The Angel and The Badman" in 1947, But This Time It Was A $1,000,000 Color Film Big Money in the Late 1940s and in 1950 !!
    I get Killed Two Times in This Film Clip, The Second Man That is Shot in the Back with The Arrow By The Apache Brave, and The Man On Horse Back with The Duster that is Shot off of The Stunt Horse and Falls into Water in The Creek !!!
    :fear:
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Here is One More Film Clip of The Film "Broken Arrow" from 1950 !
    I am leaving for The 26 Bar Ranch in The Morning and will be back in a Few Day !!
    If you Do Not want me to Put These Clips Up just Yell and I will Stop !!!
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Is that legal to do that Bill? I don't have a issue with it but it might be a copyright issue. You would know better then me though since you are a TV guy.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• This is first time that we see Jeff Chandler as the Great Apache Chief and Debra Paget as the Young Apache Girl !
    Debra Paget was 16 Years Old at this time and They had to get Special Permision for Jimmy Stewart to Kiss Her in The Film !!
    Chilibill
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• In This Film Clip I get Killed Three More Times, and One of My Starring Rolls Laying in Front of The Camera With The Arrow Stuck My Neck and My only Close-Up !
    In This Fight Scene The Apaches Killed Everyone But The Camera Man !!!
    (bud)
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• This was one of the first Jimmy Stewart Westerns I ever watched (the first being "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance") and it's always been a favorite. Just FYI for those of you who don't mind commercials...AMC will be showing "Broken Arrow" next Saturday (May 2) at 6AM.

• I was lucky enough to pick Broken Arrow up in the Wal Mart $5 DVD bin a couple years back. The same DVD also has Hombre, with Paul Newman on it. Broken Arrow is one of the first James Stewart's Westerns that I have seen. That and How the West Was Won. Loved them both and quickly became a Stewart fan. My favorite Duke movie with Stewart was The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. Duke had several great one-liners in that one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• Here is the last Film Clip of Broken Arrow, and it Does Not have a Happy Ending for The Part that Jimmy Stewart is Playing, but it is Part of The Real History of Arizona !
    :thumbs_up:
    I get Killed Two More Times in this Film Clip, the First time Cochise Shoots Me off of a 10 Foot Rock in Oak Creek with a Arrow !!
    Then when I take the Fall For Will Geer Playing the Bad Guy and go Down Slide Rock with a Cochise Knife Stuck in me !!!
    :fear2:
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]