Ringo can now rejoice

There are 18 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,973 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up: I was almost speechless. I only and by accdient-saw it listed as a movie I can rent from Netflix-just two days ago and is the next movie im going to watch. Im glad im wrong in thinking it was a public domaine movie.

Anyone interested in some of Richard Widmars and Richard Basehats BEST acting-as well if anyone loves a movie bout the Korean War-American PoWs of the Koreans-as well as a Military Courtsroom drama--THIS IS IT.

I have only seen the movie once-a few years ago when it aired on TCM--Richard Widmark produced this movie under HEATH pictures and he had his best friend Karl Malden-Direct the movie. This was the only movie im aware of-that Widmark produced-owned and that Malden Directed-and they both did one heck of an outstanding job of it.

If anyone who liked watching Decision Before Dawn-because of my recommendations--you WILL absolutely love this movie.

EJ, I OWE you bigtime for this though. Also, now if you could only get the Powers-that-be to put out Desperate Journey, Edge of Darkness, The Heroes of Telemark, Lafayette Escadrille, Target Zero and Prisoner of War (Ronald Reagan 5 * movie) getting these will be like winning the lottery. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Target Zero, is that the one with Robert Mitchum, Richard Egan and, William Talman? About the Korean War? If so, great flick.

Hi WaynamoJ/ and going with your correction-Target Zero is another Korean War movie which stars: Richard Conte s Lt. Flagler, Charles Bronson as a Sergeant, Chuck Connors as Flaglers Radioman, L.Q.Jones as the ptivate with the sore feet and a few other recognizable faces are in it-such as the "Plumber" Bazooka Team-abd Peggy Castle-as the female lead.

This movie depicts a British Sherman Tank crew who find this lady who is a Red Cross worker who gets fired at me the Chinese-forcing her vehicle to crash and knocks her out. The British tank crew finds her and they start heading towards friendly lines-when Flagler and what's left of his men from Easy Company-surprise the British tank crew and they reluctantly tag along with the British crew.

They are unknowingly behind enemy lines as Flagler leads the group back to where Easy Company was supposed to be at. However, on finally reaching "E" COs positions on some hill, they discover that the Chinese wiped them out to a man. Flagler decides to defend "Easy" Companies hill.

One of the best Korean War movies I have seen. Lot's of Drama, Action and laughs.

• Ooops, the one I'm thinking of is One Minute To Zero.

One Minute To Zero is good but not one of Mitchums best. If you like him in Korean War pics-The Hunters is much better and also stars Robert Wagner.

• More celebrations for Ringo here.

Cheers EJ, I owe you tons for this heads-up.

Getting these in will be like Christmas in July (August) I already have Objective Burma but will gladly own two copies now as long as I get the rest of those mentioned ;-))

• EJ, any hopes that you have some magic you can use to get the studios to release: Target Zero, The Glory Brigade, Prisoner of War (Reagan movie-not the David Carradine movie though I would like his too) and the peeeece day wresistance of my want list-any hopes you can force them to release: Northwest Passage. ;-))

• EJ, any hopes that you have some magic you can use to get the studios to release: Target Zero, The Glory Brigade, Prisoner of War (Reagan movie-not the David Carradine movie though I would like his too) and the peeeece day wresistance of my want list-any hopes you can force them to release: Northwest Passage. ;-))

Sorry, Ringo, nothing right now. My best guess is that at some point at least Prisoner of War and Northwest Passage will be coming out through the Warner Archive Collection. My best advice is to go to their site and sign up for their newsletter so you'll be sure to get any advanced heads up that might be coming from them.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Hi EJ and thanks. Also, I had not known they were Warner movies-so there is a big hope on them. Im also going to send some suggestions to TCM as well.

• Sorry, Ringo, nothing right now. My best guess is that at some point at least Prisoner of War and Northwest Passage will be coming out through the Warner Archive Collection. My best advice is to go to their site and sign up for their newsletter so you'll be sure to get any advanced heads up that might be coming from them.

Northwest Passage, just released by the Warner Archive, available here.

Happy Thanksgiving, Ringo.

• Northwest Passage, just released by the Warner Archive, available here.

Happy Thanksgiving, Ringo.

I forgot how to give reps for this but this more than made my day. I heard another movie I wanted badly is out but I cant remember its title? It's a War movie though. Im ordering a copy in Dec-been too long in waiting to see this movie.

I.O.U. bigtime EJ ;-))

• I forgot how to give reps for this but this more than made my day. I heard another movie I wanted badly is out but I cant remember its title? It's a War movie though. Im ordering a copy in Dec-been too long in waiting to see this movie.

I.O.U. bigtime EJ ;-))

Could it possibly be "Wild Bill" Wellman's Lafayette Escadrille, also recently available from the Warner Archive?

• Here's my holiday fix, Warner Archive's The Andy Hardy Collection, Vol 1. First 400 orders autographed by Mickey Rooney himself. Always been a sucker for the Hardy series, it's a shame that Love Finds Andy Hardy is the only one that has ever been available on DVD until now.

Ive seen a few of them and thought tey were entertaining and always liked Mickey Rooney in what ive seen him in except for A Midsummer Night's Dream. The only reasons I ever watched that was to see the cast of stars and see who they played-like James Cagney, Joe E. Brown, Mickey Rooney etc.

BTW, James Cagneys younger brother recently passed away.