Roy Rogers and Friends' Tribute to Duke

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,839 times. The latest Post () was by Elly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Great clip Jim.
    There's a lot of support actors there,
    but notably Glenn Ford, Chuck Connors, Denver Pyle I think,
    and was that Jay Silverheels?

When I was a kid, I had the great pleasure of meeting Roy and Dale,
    when on a UK tour in the late 50's.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Hi

Among the many John McIntyre, John Russell, L. Q.Jones, Ken Curtis,.. Bart Maverick, Iron Eyes Cody. Clayton Moore and Manilito from the High Chapperal, Everett Sloane from Gunsmoke I think

Probably someone from nearly everyTV western

Brilliant

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Great clip.

I am looking for a Roy Rogers / Dale Evans TV show JW appeared in. probably late 1950s early 60s. Heres what I know about it and I would be grateful indeed if anyone can let me have a copy or point me in the direction of where to get one.

DALE EVANS/ROY <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">ROGERS</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY> 195? Music Video ref http://www.Sabucat.com
    Content:
    1:56 Singing Riding around the Sunset Trail
    4:00 <ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">Roy</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY> sings Old Lamp Lighter
    6:44 John Wayne singing at campsite.
    9:19 Roy Rogers sings Home on the Range Deer playing around lake.
    10:45 Band of Cowboys playing on front porch. Man tries to get on horse, falls off. Dale and
    Roy standing by fence.
    13:14 Band playing <ST1:PLACE w:st="on"><ST1:PLACENAME w:st="on">Red River</ST1:PLACENAME> <ST1:PLACETYPE w:st="on">Valley</ST1:PLACETYPE></ST1:PLACE> at barn dance. Roy and Dale standing by punch bowl.
    Start dancing.
    14:35 <ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">Roy</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY> rides up, starts singing unknown song. Men unloading wagon in front of Mesa Valley
    Pipe Line Co.
    16:54 <ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">Roy</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY> singing The gal I left behind on stage at barn dance.
    19:41 Back in the saddle again, lots of shots of horses on the range.
    22:30Streets of <ST1:CITY w:st="on">Laredo</ST1:CITY>
    24:17 Band playing in Saloon, <ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">Roy</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY> in scene.
    26:43 Roy Clark singing, close up of guitar picking, looks to be from Hee Haw.
    29:16 Close up of Trigger, <ST1:PLACE w:st="on"><ST1:CITY w:st="on">Roy</ST1:CITY></ST1:PLACE> singing about Afternoon Siestas in a medical tent.

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind