Josey Wales vs Ethan Edwards.

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,595 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• No this thread aint about who of these two would win in a gunfight or a popularity contest-just a few passing thoughts on the movies with these two characters in them.

Have you ever noticed about how close these two movies really are to each other? I mean, Both Ethan Edwards and Josey Wales went on to avenge the murders of their family members. Both Ethan and Josey each got wounded fighting the enemy. Best of all, both Ethan and Josey were in the Confederate Army. :-)) There are other similarites but I dont feel like listing them.

Anyone else here ever "seen" the close similarities between these two movies? Ive never read: Gone To Texas-so I dont know how faithful TOJW is to that book.

Both these Westerns are my top favorites from both Duke and Clint.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I noticed that josey wales was pretty accurate of the portrayal of quantrels raiders. josey has many pistols hanging on his saddle. The raiders used pistols and carrying up to ten each gave them 60 rnds that could be fired rapidly. they also were horseback fighters they could ride into a town with anywhere from 300 to 1000 rnds being shot at the townfolk or enemies. I noticed both had no use for authority.

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• Hi Jay, glad to see you back here ;-)) I do realize both are much different but, its hard not to see all the similarities too-at least in my Austin-tainted mind ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..