Hollywood Hoofbeats book

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,120 times. The latest Post () was by jessie.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• There is a book written by R Mitchum's daughter and another women called "Hollywood Hoofbeats, trails across the silver screen " i believe its about the Golden Hollywood Horse community and it's Equine stars, has anyone seen it, i have asked a large book store outlet in Australia to se if it can be ordered but havent heard anything so its not loooking good.

• Thanks so much Paula, funny thing, only a few hours after i posted that i got a call from the book shop saying they cant find one in OZ but i can get one on order from USA for about $ 85.00 AU, so i think i may get it, it sounds really great. Is there much reading in it, or mostly pics?

• Jessie, there is a lot of text in Hollywood Hoofbeats -- it's a very informative history of horses in the movies up to the time of publication.

I suggest you go to the U.S. site of Amazon.com and look up the book's listing. Then click on "search inside this book" and Amazon will then let you read the book's opening and closing pages by clicking on the "forward" button. You can also do the search if you want to look for references about a particular horse or person or film.