Fans of old movies, check out THESE releases ;-))

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,063 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I dont know how these slipped under my movies to DvD radar screen but, check these out that are either now released or are on demand from good studios like, MGM, FOX, Columbia, Republic, Sony, Lionsgate, and I forget whom else?

A few of many Westerns:

The Return of Daniel Boone w/ Wild Bill Elliott.
    Fort Bowie-Ben Johnson.
    Fort Defiance-Ben Johnson.
    Geronimo-Chuck Connors.
    Fort Massacre-Joel McCrea.
    Ambush-Robert Taylor, Don Taylor, John Hodiak.
    Escourt West-Victor Mature.

Sci Fi:

20 Million Miles To Earth-w/ Ray Harryhausen special effects.
    The 3 Worlds of Gulliver-Kerwin Mathews. More Ray HArryhausen fx.
    Battle Beneath the Earth-Kerwin Matthews.
    The Ultimate Warrior-Yul Brynner.
    Captain Nemo and the Underwater City-Chuck Connors, Robert Ryan.
    City Beneath the Sea-Stuart Whitman, Robert Wagner, Robert Colbert.
    Crack in the World-Dana Andrews.
    Invasion USA-Peggy Castle and both the original Lois Lanes.
    Jack the Giant Killer-Kerwin Matthews, Torin Thatcher.
    The Mysterians-which is a 1950s Japanese Sci Fi movie I think ive seen before? If so? this is the one that has Alien Robots that look like chickens made of corregated sheet metal.

Though I HATE everything that is printed by Alpha Video because they do such a poor job of it--they have 3 boxed sets of Sci Fi movies and serials, and they are priced good each has 6 movies but, what I actually like about the sets is that each set comes with a wind up metal robot-one even looks like Robbie the Robot from Forbidden Planet-only this one if red and not black. Id buy these just for the toys.

This Island Earth-Faith Domergue.

War Titles that surprised me to find now available on DvD and or some that are on demand.

Breakthrough w-John Agar, Frank Lovejoy.
    Fighter Squadron-Robert Stack. I caught the last 15-20 minutes of this when TCM showed it awhile back and its a pretty darn good movie.

The Gallant Hours-James Cagney, Dennis Weaver, Richard Jaeckel.

The Heroes of Telemark-Kirk Douglas, Sir Richard Harris.

The Last Days of Patton-George C. Scott.

Man in the Middle-Robert Mitchum, Trevor Howard.

Men in War-Robert Ryan, Aldo Ray.

The Night of the Generals-Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif. I always found it weird that Sharif played a German officer.

Surrender Hell-Keith Andes.

The Tanks Are Coming-Phillip Carey. Ive seen part of this movie and it aint bad.

Tarawa Beachhead-Kerwin Matthews.

Eight Iron Men-Lee Marvin.

Battle of Rogue River-George Montgomery (now if they would only release Ft Ti)))))

The Black Dakotas-Gary Merrill.

Charge of the Lancers-Paulette Goddard-which is about the Crimean War.

Destroyers-Glenn Ford and Edw. g. Robinson.

Three Stripes in the Sun-Chuck Connors, Also Ray, Dick York, Phil Carey.

Genghis Khan-Omar Sharif, Eli Wallach, James Mason. I saw this one several months ago and it was pretty good. Didnt get to see it all as it was stupidly played so late at night.

Anyway, these are just a few of what I came across and didnt know that the majority of them were on DvD or on demand.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Carl

Don't know why the links are not working but+

Go to play.com and type

Ray Harryhausen box set

classic sci-fi box set under DVD to see titles

Both are Region 2 sets the Region 1 are more expensive.

Mike

• Hi Duke.p, found them but I had to do a google search. Both links just aint working for me ;-)) Anyway, I found about 50 on demand type movies i want and will hopefully get. Just today I ordered: Bandit of Sherwood Forrest w/ Cornel Wilde, Dr. Strangelove w/ Peter Sellers and The Heroes of Telemark w/ Kirk Douglas. Ill probably order a few more this week.

I already have half the titles in the Ray Harryhausen set but plan to send those to a friend soon as I can get the box set.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..