Sink the Bismarck, stills.

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,075 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Keith, I just asked the sellers to hold these for me. I tried to copy them to post here for you but ti didnt work? Ill have to give you my ebay details to get them. They are nice shots. Also, im trying to get some great stills from both: The Longest Day and Tota Tora Tora as well as a lobby card set for Tora Tora Tora. The TTT lobby Cards are absolutely fantastic. The cards are all artwork and are the nicest cards ive seen to date. The: The Longest Day stills-are all battle scenes-ob the Omaha & Utah beaches.The TTT stills, i think are also all battle scenes. I saw some El Cid stills too, and all of those are absolutely fantastic. I am HOPING to end up with all of the Longest Day, TTT and Bismarck stuff.

Anyway, im sending you a PM with my details so you can get the Sink the Bismark stills and the others if you wish? I already have prior permission from the sellers to let others use these images whether I get all of them or not? Ron and Margaret are great to deal with an I wish I had discovered them a couple years ago. I could have had a much bigger collection of LCs and Stills by now ;-))

Take care--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Keith, I just visited ebay and also added the The Longest Day stills to my watch list. I have a bunch of stuff im watching and all the stills and lobby cards are close to the bottom of the page. They are also together and all the auctions end Sunday night about 9:30 PM.

Im not sur ehow else to get them here unless you guys give me permission to let my friend Ray-the one who lives in St Albins--and get him to post them somewhere here and maybe something can be done with them then? Ray was able to get them posted and in a larger size-on the http://www.histomil.com site that im a Moderator on.

If you think its possible to lift them from there? I can give you my account info there.

Oh and, I sent you a PM before reading here-so please disregard it. I was just wanting to know if you had seen the PM yet? ;-))

Take care-_Carl.

• Carl,
    Last time, I think you had already purchased the stills,
    I was able to post them on here,
    but this time all I can 'lift' are thrumnails.
    The best way with photos, and certainly the easiest
    is take a digital image of each still and the save them to docs.
    Or scan each one!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith, I have a volunteer who said they can lift them from ebay and post them here. I either need your permission to give my details? or she said she could join here. Just waiting to hear if its OK or not to let Suzie have my details?

Oh and, so far so good, everything i want is still available but ill still not know if all are mine till Sunday night.

• Thank you Keith. Also, if you want to use the The Longest Day and Tora Tora Tora stuff? please do if you like them enough?

This site and the historical one im on called histomil-are the only sites I want to share these on for the time being. Of the other sites im on, I dont think these would be as welcomed on.

Thanks to Bill and his generosity, it greatly rekindled my interest in collecting LCs and Stills and such. BTW, I found several Press Photos of John Wayne for sale. I contacted the sellers for them but have yet to hear anything. These are amazingly cheap in price IMO.

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().