Harrison Ford As Wyatt Earp

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,680 times. The latest Post () was by Richard--W.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Harrison Ford is slated to portray Wyatt Earp in a film scheduled to come out in 2013, called Black Hats. The premise of the story is that a 70 yr old Earp, finds out that his old friend Doc Holliday has a son, named Johnny who is in trouble with the young Al Capone in NYC. Earp travels to NY and enlists the aid of another old friend, Bat Masterson, to help him in aiding the young Holliday. Not neccessarily a western and it's purely fiction, but it might work.

• Harrison Ford is slated to portray Wyatt Earp in a film scheduled to come out in 2013, called Black Hats. The premise of the story is that a 70 yr old Earp, finds out that his old friend Doc Holliday has a son, named Johnny who is in trouble with the young Al Capone in NYC. Earp travels to NY and enlists the aid of another old friend, Bat Masterson, to help him in aiding the young Holliday. Not neccessarily a western and it's purely fiction, but it might work.

Hi Jim, I wouldnt mind seeing that, thanks for the tip on it ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• it might work as long as Harrison wakes up a little and realizes
    his laid back attitude is now having a laid back affect on his career.
    If Cowboys & Aliens is anything to go by,
    please bring back Indiana Jones!
    I'm a great fan of Ford, but just lately he sends me to sleep!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hollywood needs to keep the western genre going ... not enough western movies about for my liking !!!

Windage & Elevation !

• Hi

Sounds like the person who thought that story line up woke up one morning with a hangover. Throw in the son of Jesse James and you'd have a full set.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Fox is joining the Western trend this development season with an untitled drama project from producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who co-wrote this summer’s big-screen Western with a sci-fi twist Cowboys & Aliens.

Written by The Shield alum John Hlavin, the project is described as a Western that tells the origins of Wyatt Earp, chronicling both the well-known incidents in his life such as the Gunfight at the OK Corral and lesser-known details of Earp and his brothers bringing order to a lawless frontier. UTA-repped Hlavin, who has a feature Western, The Gunslinger, in development at Warner Bros, brought the project to Kurtzman and Orci. The three will executive produce with Heather Kadin for 20th Century.

Fox TV and Kurtzman and Orci’s K/O Paper Products. This marks K/O’s return to Fox, where the company had two high-profile drama pilots last season, Locke & Key and Exit Strategy, neither of which were picked up to series.]'

This is Kurtzman and Orci’s second sale this season, following the script plus penalty commitment at CBS for an Anna Fricke-written drama about a congresswoman advocate. The Hlavin project joins a slew of Westerns in development at the broadcast networks. NBC has an untitled Kerry Ehrin project set in the 1880s, which is produced by Sean Hayes’ Hazy Mills; ABC has Ron Moore’s Hangtown, set in the early 1900 and David Zabel’s Gunslinger. Additionally, TNT recently gave a cast-contingent pilot order to Bruce C. McKenna and Danny Cannon’s Gateway, set in the 1880s.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/0…ating-comedy/#more-177857

• We don't need any more nonsense like Cowboys vs Aliens on the big screen. No thanks.

Harrison Ford's choices in the last fifteen years have not been his best. A total washout, in fact, except for the fourth Indiana Jones adventure. He's one of the finest American actors around, however, I've been a little disappointed in him for not getting behind the western back in the 1980s. Anyone could see from The Frisco Kid (1979) that he was a natural for the genre and that the western brought out the best in him. But he never made another one. That's why I'm disappointed in him. The western was a perfect fit for Harrison Ford. He should have starred in a new western every year. He could have made the genre live and breathe again. But the thought probably never occurred to him. Now he's too old.

Black Hats is based on this well-regarded novel:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Ha…LUD8I/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1

Richard

[CENTER]
    [/CENTER]