The 1951 war movie: The Tanks Are Coming.

There are 31 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 15,921 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Wonder what vintage that tank was, during WW-2 We gave Russia, thru Lend Lease, tons of Sherman Tanks.

Chester :newyear:

This is an early WWII Russian Heavy Battle Tank. They were in usage only the first 1-2 years on the Eastern Front, and they also had the KVI tanks-which were used till at least 1943-but they mainly used the T-34 throughout the war and in late war-had the Josef Stalin tanks as well as the SU Assault Guns. They had other tanks too-but I cant remember what their designations are? They did use BT-tanks-and such at the beginning of the war-till the T-34 was produced to replace them and the KV series-but I think the BT were still used as command or recon tanks to the end of the war.

I recently saw a video of a restored KVII tank (in Russia) that was being demonstrated. That think crashed into a very thick tree that measured at least 3 meters around-knocked it over then proceeded to turn and make a run over it. That tree was made into toothpicks where the KV drove over it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I forgot to mention, that about 2 years ago, I managed to get a great and original photo that was taken during the Battle of Kursk in July 1943 (Operation Citadel)--that shows an American Lend Lease tank--which was a Lee Tank. This is the tank that had a smaller turret gun but a larger gun that only traversed up and down-that was located on the right side of the tank. If you have seen Humphry Bogart in: Sahara--this is the kind of tank he commanded in that movie. Anyway, this photo shows several men from the Grossdeutschland Infantry Division--who are posing next to it as they had recently knocked it out.

The Russians called these tanks: "Graves For Seven Brothers." They did not like them or the Shermans.

• I remember growing up, all my male friends were under the impression that Sherman Tanks were the best. Sad, when you find out the truth.

Chester :newyear:

I grew up thinking the same thing because-----I used to collect a great Comic Book called: G.I. Combat-and they always featured 1-3 stories about the "Haunted Tank" which was commanded by Lt. JEB Stuart (the great Confederate Cavalry Genious he was the namesake of) and he flew the Confederate Battle Flag from his turrets antenna. Because of all these things, somehow he came to meet the Ghost of the General who in ways helped the Lt and his crew survive through WWII destroying loads of Tiger Tanks. Ill bet that through the entire series, they destroyed more Tiger tanks than were actually produced. :lol::lol:

Anyway, TANKS to this comic book, I always thought Sherman tanks were some of the best out there-that is--till I "graduated" reading about the Eastern Front.

• The first pix (which didnt show except as a link) shows them with their Stuart tank. The cover that posted shows them in their Sherman. They had the last look tank too-but I didnt feel like posting it. I also see that they modernized the story be having them in Iraq >:-(((
    http://www.firstcomicsnews.com…10/07/09.Haunted_Tank.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• I just love photos featuring Rockets and is one of my latest pick-ups. In this case-it's a Nebelwerfer Battery firing their rockets somewhere in Russia.

• And finally, one of my all time most favorite--an "eyeball" view of the battlefield seen from a Foxhole. Two: K-98s and specs are seen.