Dirty Dozen pix w/ Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine.

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,310 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hey Keith, I just scored this pix and if you have time to add it with those others from not so long ago? ;-))

I just got a great pix showing Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine w-George Kennedy in the background. Signed by Ernest Borgnine.

http://img832.imageshack.us/im…rhqrpe8vh2ttubprj5kdg.jpg

This is where Borgnine is chewing out Marvin and saying something like: Colonel Breed is your commanding officer and I dont want to hear any complaints from either of you.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Great pic Ringo Kid. I love this movie. It was the first non John Wayne DVD I purchased when I got my DVD player years ago.

Thank you Shortgrub,. Years before I even bought a DvD player, I had one of those accounts at a place like Columbia House, and ordered my first 5 DvDs from them for cant rememebr the amount but, not much. 3 of the titles were Duke movies, the last one was The Dirty Dozen. I think The Wild Bunch was the 5th? Its a movie I never tire of and I love the way the actors played off each other perfectly-not many movies like that IMO.

• Marvin and Borgnine first worked together in 1953 in "The Stranger Wore a Gun" and became instant friends.
    They went on to work together in "Violent Saturday", "Bad Day at Black Rock", "The Dirty Dozen", "Emperor of the North Pole" and "Dirty Dozen: the Next Mission"
    Borgnine's autobiography "Ernie" has several wonderful stories about their friendship over the years.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Marvin and Borgnine first worked together in 1953 in "The Stranger Wore a Gun" and became instant friends.
    They went on to work together in "Violent Saturday", "Bad Day at Black Rock", "The Dirty Dozen", "Emperor of the North Pole" and "Dirty Dozen: the Next Mission"
    Borgnine's autobiography "Ernie" has several wonderful stories about their friendship over the years.

We deal in lead, friend.

Hi Bill and thanks for that info. I had forgotten they were also in Emperor of the North Pole. They both always came off great when together. I'd also forgotten about Bad Day at Black Rock. Ive been wanting that movie since it was released last year on DvD. I also have DD The Next Mission but none of the others and need to see them sometime ;-))

• Glad you liked the info, Carl.
    Too bad Ernie never worked with Duke. They did know one another. This may be posted elsewhere, or Keith may want to shift it, but Borgnine tells how he and his wife were leaving the Polo Lounge in 1974 when Duke walked in with Pilar. The wives got to talking and Ernie thinks "Here goes the afternoon" as he and Duke settled down to do some serious drinking.
    Much later, Duke asks - Ernie, we've known each other forever, how come we've never worked together?
    Borgnine tells Wayne - Because you're afraid to work with good actors.
    Wayne was convulsed with laughter.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Heh heh, great story. Last year he was interviewed on The Reilly Factor and I remember that Bill O'R had asked something about him not working with Duke, and I cant remember what Borgnine said but he did make a great joke of it but all the while regretting not ever working with Duke. Ernest Borgnine sure is one fo the last few ""class Acts"" in hollywood.