Doees anyone here know why DvDs come in such cheap cases these days?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,679 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I was wondering if anyone here knows why DvDs are coming in such cheaply made cases these days? Is there any source online that sells "real" well made DvD cases like they used to come in? If so? please let me know. I aim to get good cases then in a fit of anger--ill be mailing the shoddy made cases to some studio in protest. >:-(((((

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Here is a page from Amazon.com that has blank DVD's in Quantity.
    We usually pick them up at Costco. Currently they still seem available, but, Thank you for bringing us to the awareness that they, like everything else, is darn near obsolete. But, then again, thank goodness I didn't buy up cases of VHS blanks, as they headed down that road !

Chester :newyear:

• Another great source is SuperMediaStore http://www.supermediastore.com. I get a lot of my DVD and CD supplies from them. They are prompt and easy to work with if anything gets damaged in shipment (which is very rare).

They sell bulk, not onezie twozies, but they're generally inexpensive.There's different levels of quality. I'd stay away from the "economy" slimline 7mm thick cases, but there's the standard quality 14mm thick cases for 31¢ each in 100s, or the "premium" quality 14mm thick cases for 43¢ each in 100s which look really nice and sturdy: http://www.supermediastore.com…-premium-high-quality-100. None have that annoying inside raised ring around the disk location that makes it difficult to insert your thumb under the disk to get it out that just drives me crazy.

I hope that helps!

• They come in cheap cases to keep costs down of course.

Premium quality cases can be purchased online. The nomenclature varies but there's economy grade, machine grade and professional (or premium) grade. You'll probably have to buy in bulk, though, which isn't a bad thing.

The average retailer usually only stock the cheaper ones.

Thank you for the info and, I THOUGHT the reason why these are all or mostly made in Mexico was to cut costs?

I'd like to see a picture of each grade of cases--as I want good ones even if it doesnt fit into the ""Green Crowds"" plans. These ultra cheap cases though, I fully intend on sending a box to them to one of the studios and let them deal with them.

• Here is a page from Amazon.com that has blank DVD's in Quantity.
    We usually pick them up at Costco. Currently they still seem available, but, Thank you for bringing us to the awareness that they, like everything else, is darn near obsolete. But, then again, thank goodness I didn't buy up cases of VHS blanks, as they headed down that road !

Chester :newyear:

Thank you for this, this gives me an idea of at least one reliable place to buy from. I like the idea of getting 100 cases for abOut $25-$30 BUCKS.

• Another great source is SuperMediaStore http://www.supermediastore.com. I get a lot of my DVD and CD supplies from them. They are prompt and easy to work with if anything gets damaged in shipment (which is very rare).

They sell bulk, not onezie twozies, but they're generally inexpensive.There's different levels of quality. I'd stay away from the "economy" slimline 7mm thick cases, but there's the standard quality 14mm thick cases for 31¢ each in 100s, or the "premium" quality 14mm thick cases for 43¢ each in 100s which look really nice and sturdy: http://www.supermediastore.com…-premium-high-quality-100. None have that annoying inside raised ring around the disk location that makes it difficult to insert your thumb under the disk to get it out that just drives me crazy.

I hope that helps!

Ditto for these links too--they do greatly help. Between this and the one Sue provided--I found what a I need. I like the idea of getting 100 cases for about $25 or so bucks ;-))