John Wayne owned part of Telluride Colorado. Here's proof.

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,392 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• A good friend of mine just got back from his vacation in Colorado and sent me these pictures of some property that John Wayne owned back in the 1950s and 1960s. This is according to the Tour Guide who he was with. I dont know anything else cept the above.

Anyway, photo Nr 1)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I dont know how to make the images smaller so will have to do one per posting.

Photo Nr 2) A photo of a former rock quarry and its buildings that were supposed to be turned into a Ski Resort (Dukes Resort)

• Wonder if he sold it to help pay for the making of The Alamo?

Im not exactly sure but i was told that the property was considered unsafe because of constant rock slides. It was originally going to be a Ski Resort. Oh and, Duke also owned a Cafe in the area too--I don't recall the name but--that Cafe is still there under new ownership. Duke also seemingly owned a Coffee Shop somewhere in Arizona as a person was on TV selling Duke's Coffee Shop signage--cheap even with provinence.