All ""reality shows"" are so scripted.

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 22,301 times. The latest Post () was by Sterling Price.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This may be slightly "off topic" ~ but still relevant to the general discussion of how someone might well come into possession of what may be genuine movie memorabilia.

Some years ago, my son perusing through one of Hollywood's old western movie prop houses came across a number of old cowboy movie hats. He bought 4 of them and mailed one of them to me. It fit perfectly and I wear it often as one can see by my JWMB avatar.

It is a genuine light colored Stetson with an engraved marking on the inner sweat band ~

John B. Stetson
    Company
    4 X Beaver

"Hidden" inside and underneath the sweatband was also a small white tag marked "High Noon" with the numerical identity ~ #1100.

I did as much research as I could to determine whether this hat may have actually been worn by one of the characters in "High Noon" or not. In the movie, Gary Cooper always wore a dark colored hat so I knew that was out. But what I was able to find was perhaps one of two interesting possibilities ~~~

In the first High Noon photo-scene depicted below is a character actor just behind Gary Cooper who is wearing a hat very similar to the one I now have. And in the second High Noon photo-scene shown below is yet another character actor who is sitting camera/front at a card table just as actor Lloyd Bridges enters into the scene and who is wearing what now also appears to be the very same hat as the one I now own.

Was it possible that two different character actors could wear the same hat in the same movie, I asked myself? Of course it was ~ and why not? All non-speaking "contract players" of that era (early 1950's) could be required to wear whatever wardrobe was given to them by the prop department at the time and for whatever (separate) scenes they might also be required to be in. Wardrobe duplications such as these would be impossible to detect and back then ~ who would even care? So, as far as I'm concerned, I now own a genuine piece of 'Movie Americana'.

"High Noon" was not only a classic movie ~ but also a motion picture which John Wayne literally "hated" because of Gary Cooper's portrayal of a far less than "heroic" character.