Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 647,571 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Howdy Folks,

I'm Marcio, 34 years old. I've been a John Wayne fan since I've seen "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" when I was about 14 years old. My favorite Duke's films are: "Rio Bravo", "The Searchers" and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". Mighty nice to be here!

• Hello and welcome aboard, marcio. You found the right place for a Duke fan to be. Take your time, look around and join in on any topic you like. We're looking foward to getting to know you.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi and welcome to Marcio and Shakey38,hope to see you both around the forums sometime.

luckynedpepper

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Hi all you Duke fans. I came across your site because I was trying to find out just how many movies The Duke said "We're burning daylight" in. And I'd like to learn more about John Wayne himself as the actor, character and person. I, myself, am a writer in my real life after work. So I have developed an interest in actors and character development. That's the interesting thing about writing. It makes you pay attention to what and whom you're watching.

• Hi Bettawoman

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.
    Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies and Co-Stars

'We're Burning daylight'

Off hand I can't recall how many movies he may have used it in.
    However I feel sure he did in The Cowboys
    and maybe in other cattle drive movies,
    such as Red River
    Maybe one of our members has seen a film recently
    and remembers, hearing it said

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Bettawoman,

a warm welcome to you,
    see you around sometime.

luckynedpepper

• Bettawoman,

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! It's the best of its kind anywhere on the 'net!

You will find our membership to be friendly and knowledgeable, and we hope you will hang around long enough so we can get to know you better, too!

As for the "burning daylight" line, as far as I know, the only movie in which it was used was The Cowboys. If there are others, I know someone will chime in with that information.

Again, welcome, and we hope to see you again soon!

Chestr :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Howdy Folks,

I'm Marcio, 34 years old. I've been a John Wayne fan since I've seen "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" when I was about 14 years old. My favorite Duke's films are: "Rio Bravo", "The Searchers" and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". Mighty nice to be here!

Marcio,

I must apologize - I missed your post, as it was back a page. Please accept our belated WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! It's the best of its kind this side of dot com!

We hope you have a good time finding your way around this awesome place, full of all kinds if information, about John Wayne, but also about Westerns and War movies in general, too, genres often enjoyed by Duke fans!

Again . . . welcome!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hello and welcome to the forum, Bettawoman. I'm glad to have you join us. Great forum, full of great people.

Mark

• Howdy All;

I was referred here by another member. I like the surrounding and think I'll settle down by the fire and drink some coffee and look forward to sharing Duke memories. I am 50, married to a wonderful woman, and live in PA.
    Saw my first Duke movie in 1960 at 3 1/2 at a local drive-in, been a life long fan since.

• Howdy ShortGrub,glad you made it to the JWMB.
    A warm welcome to you and i hope to see you round the site sometimes.

Regards,

luckynedpepper :thumbs_up:

• ShortGrub,

<moving chair over to make more room for you by the fire . . . >

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! We think it is the best, friendliest forum of its kind anywhere on the 'net, bar none!

We look forward to getting to know you better in the days and weeks to come!

Don't be a stranger!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Chester,

No need for apologies! and thanks for the warm welcome! I feel at home already!

• Hello and welcome to the board, shortgrub. Jump right in and join in on the fun. Glad to have you aboard.

Mark

• Hello and welcome to the lastest "new members" to the forum. Hope to get to know you in the near future.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• just one quick question tho - sorry if this sounds really thick but how do you get to change your user name on here?

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke