Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 642,419 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi, I recently found your site while looking for some John Wayne photos. I thought this might be a good place for advice to find what I'm looking for. I am trying to find a picture from True Grit. My late husbands favorite scene in the movie where he puts the reins of his horse in his mouth and has the shootout. Any ideas? I've looked on ebay but the one listed there is not a good clear picture. Thanks in advance.

Welcome Barbino, looks like you have already have a idea from one of our members. I am sure you will get your answer shortly.

Welcome to the site and hopefully you might stick around a bit.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I've never done this and am pretty much clueless as to how to go about it.
    I have a JW DVD related question, that I can probably get answered here.
    Where do I start?
    By the way, Chester, I notice you're in Ben Lomand....I live just outside of Hollister...
    Thanks, Claud
    "'Reuben,' she said, 'the love of decency does not abide in you'".--True Grit

• Hi Claud,

First of all, you've made a great start by posting here!!

WELCOME to the JWMB

I am sure you will meet some friendly and knowledgeable folk here!

Fire away, with your question, I am sure someone will come up with an answer.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Okay,
    My question is this:
    Do they (whoever 'they' is) have any plans, intentions, or ideas on releasing an anniversary or collectors edition DVD of True Grit?
    If no, why not? The market (I am part of 'the market', aren't I?) demands it!
    Thanks, Claud

• Hi Claud, glad you found us.

As far as your question, I have not heard anything from the sites that I frequent concerning new releases and classic release DVD's about a re-release of True Grit.

Again, welcome to the site and maybe someone else here has heard about a re-release of True Grit. That's what makes this place so great.

-John Wayne

• Hi Claud, Welcome to the forum.

There are two versions of True Grit available to date. One is standard academy format the other a widescreen version.

Im sure a collector's edition must be a viable possibility with a print remastering and inclusion of any shorts plus John Wayne Oscar win.

It will be interesting to see if anything is planned.

Best

Mike

• Claud,

Welcome to the John Wayne Message Board, the finest of its kind on the 'net!

You're right, we are only about an hour away from each other, and in between us is erthomp143, in Morgan Hill. We could have our own little Northern California JWMB posse!

As far as your question, there are members on the board, like SXViper, who are up on these things, so as the information becomes available, you will hear it here first. My thoughts are that perhaps a special anniversary edition might be released in 2009, to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the film. And I heartily agree with Duke Pilgrim's comment that one of the special features might show Duke winning the Oscar.

Again, WELCOME, and we hope to see you around here soon!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Welcome, Claud, to the JWMB, the best of its kind on the internet. You'll find everyone here friendly and willing to share what they know about Duke. - along with lots of other information, useful and otherwise. Come visit us often and join in.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• In the interest of full-disclosure, I have to admit that this computer stuff is fairly foreign to me (our computer is so old that it's steam powered). Until recently I've worked on cattle ranches out in the hills, which is a decidedly low-tech occupation. My eleven year old home schooled daughter is walking me thru this, and I have no idea where she learned it.
    Anyhow, I've been a John Wayne fan since I was just a kid of a boy and saw True Grit on the BIG screen. I recently found a scrap book from my misspent youth where I had cut and pasted every magazine article, photo, TV Guide blurb, or newsprint filler that concerned or contained the Duke. Posters on the bedroom wall. Kept a record log of his films that I'd seen, and how many times (this is in the 'old days', before video). So I reckon I'll fit in here.
    Claud

• Claud,

Do NOT - I repeat, do NOT - let your lack of computer experience stop you from hanging out here and having a wonderful time. Ask Chilibill - he was certainly no techie when he began here, and now he is updating his website frequently (and he is 76 years old! See? You can teach an old dog new tricks - no offense, Bill).

My wife and kids know way more computer stuff than I do, but I figured out enough to hang out here and have a great time, and I hope you do, too!

BTW, we homeschool, too :smile: .

Chester :newyear:

• Claud

You are doing fine. Keep the posts coming.

Talking of John Wayne's Oscar appearance. Parts of it not all appear in Bioghapy DVD also available in USA on video and on the John Wayne Later Years DVD

Best

Mike

• I'am Don, 60 yrs and been a fan and collector for many many years. I used to belong to Dukes Hollywood Cowboys and was wondering if any one out there is going to the 100th birthday in wWinterset. thanks

• Welcome to the John Wayne Forum Don

Cant answer your question on 100th Birthday but Im sure some members will be going and will reply.

Hope to see you posting and glad you have joined.

All the best

Mike

• Hi Don, welcome to the site. Glad you found us.

I am from south eastern MN and have not completely made up my mind yet but, I might be going to Winterset for the 100th celebration. I want to go to the Monument Valley get together but I don't have the vacation right now with the plans that I have in place. We shall see.

Anyways, welcome again and we all look forward to getting to know you and maybe talking about your experiences in Dukes Hollywood Cowboys.

-John Wayne

• Greeting everyone. Been trying to join here for awhile now. Kevin can tell you it's been quite a chore. But I am very happy to be here.

I've been a John Wayne fan since I was very young. I met him once when I was out in California and we were touring the studios, I was pretty young but I remember my parents telling me my eyes lite up like Christmas lights.

Now I'm 52, retired and living in Illinois. Depending on my wife's work schedule we're planning on going to the 100th Birthday Celebration in Winterset. We live only 235 miles from Winterset so the trip will be short. We just need to figure out where to stay since I'm sure reservations are hard to come by by now.

I have some memorabilia but my pride and joy is my DVD collection of his movies. I have every single one of his movies, that has been released on DVD. Last count was 128 movies or 77% of the complete collection. The oldest movie I have of his is the 1926 "Brown of Harvard".

I'm happy to be here and let me know if I can be of any assistance. That'll be the day.

• Welcome DakotaSurfer! Glad you made it, part of the problem was you joined around the time I was moving the site. But all is better now, enjoy the site.

Kevin