Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 641,930 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

Its great to join a site devoted to J.W. I have been a big fan since watching Stagecoach on tv in the 50's. I am now at the grand old age of 61 and live in the Gairngorms National Park in the highlands of Scotland, but originally from Kent in England. Have visited Newport Beach, Cal. and driven all over the west including one of my favouite places - Monument Valley.
    You'll have to blame The Ringo Kid for me finding you, as he recommended this board on IMDB'S western thread, so thanks Ringo!
    Looking forward to many hours on this site from now on.
    Chris.

• Hi

Its great to join a site devoted to J.W. I have been a big fan since watching Stagecoach on tv in the 50's. I am now at the grand old age of 61 and live in the Gairngorms National Park in the highlands of Scotland, but originally from Kent in England. Have visited Newport Beach, Cal. and driven all over the west including one of my favouite places - Monument Valley.
    You'll have to blame The Ringo Kid for me finding you, as he recommended this board on IMDB'S western thread, so thanks Ringo!
    Looking forward to many hours on this site from now on.
    Chris.

Chris,

Hey, we are glad Ringo pointed you in our direction! I don't know what the IMDb western forum is like, but I have found most of their boards pretty bad. I think you're in for a real treat here - a very friendly group!

You'll also find real quick that you are in a growing number of UK fans here, the second to join from Scotland in the past week! arthurarnell, ethanedwards, Robbie, Duke Pilgrim, Emmanuel, CHANCE, and filmstam are all from the UK, different parts, and I'm sure there are a few I've forgotten.

Anyway, I do want to welcome you to the John Wayne Message Board, and we hope you will become a regular here!

Chester :newyear: (and the Mrs. :angel1: says "Howdy!" too.)

• A big warm WELCOME to Chris Roberts for coming on board. You'll find everyone friendly and a lot of information to be had, not only on Duke, but a lot of other subjects. Enjoy!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hello! Newcomer on board! I'm an old fan of Westerns in general, the Duke in particular. I was brought here by the Ringo Kid from a completely unrelated forum, for some reason conversation took an unexpected turn and went west, so to speak.

I don't have many Wayne tapes at home (one of them is the Quiet Man, my favourite of all) as on cable TV the guy selecting films must like westerns! I was treated to Winchester '73, True Grit, and Once Upon a Time in the West in quick succession, and yesterday there was Sam Peckinpah's Ride the High Country with Randolph Scott!

So if you don't mind I guess I can make myself comfortable here and enjoy the company :wink:

• Hello! Newcomer on board! I'm an old fan of Westerns in general, the Duke in particular. I was brought here by the Ringo Kid from a completely unrelated forum, for some reason conversation took an unexpected turn and went west, so to speak.

I don't have many Wayne tapes at home (one of them is the Quiet Man, my favourite of all) as on cable TV the guy selecting films must like westerns! I was treated to Winchester '73, True Grit, and Once Upon a Time in the West in quick succession, and yesterday there was Sam Peckinpah's Ride the High Country with Randolph Scott!

So if you don't mind I guess I can make myself comfortable here and enjoy the company :wink:

Heck yes make yourself comfortable mmorao!! That's what we are here for!!!

And since you already know Ringo, then you know the type of people who are on here. Welcome and have fun on the site!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

I am greatful to see you here, and looking forward to having many discussions with you here as well as "there." ;-D

Oh and Todd, thanks for the vote of confidence ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I am greatful to see you here, and looking forward to having many discussions with you here as well as "there." ;-D

Oh and Todd, thanks for the vote of confidence ;-))

Anytime my Texas friend!! Anytime!!

-John Wayne

• Awesome, thanks for the warm welcome. For while there I didn't think that my account would get approved.

Welcome to the site Lt. Brannigan!!

Sorry for the delay but we have had to manually approve each new member because of spammers that have abused the auto system in the past. But you are here now and welcome!

Kevin

Welcome and WHY didn't I think of the name Brannigan??? It took me a while to be able to post as well.

Because, I am superior (Play along here, please?) to you and Brannigan is one of my favorite John Wayne flicks and I am no longer proud of my IMDB name.

Welcome to the site Lt. Brannigan!!

Sorry for the delay but we have had to manually approve each new member because of spammers that have abused the auto system in the past. But you are here now and welcome!

I understand completely, but it got a little disheartening there for a bit.

You will see plenty of me, this site is awesomely good and the posting is delightfully simple and fun too.

• Wow, this is a great site.

I like the westerns most, and True Grit (of course) my favorite...at least my favorite character.

Found this place via the youtube True Grit offering.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Well hello Rooster J Cogburn, Reuben if you will, you are right, this is a great site, the best on the internet IMO. Go ahead and just jump right in. You are guaranteed to have a good time here as well as learn a whole lot about the Duke.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Wow, this is a great site.

I like the westerns most, and True Grit (of course) my favorite...at least my favorite character.

Found this place via the youtube True Grit offering.

Welcome to the forum RJCogburn. You have found a great site with great fans. I am sure you will enjoy your time here as we all do.

-John Wayne