Barbara Walters Retires

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,927 times. The latest Post () was by A Girl Named Jen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Famous anchorwoman Barbara Walters retires at 74. She was the one who recorded the very personal last interview with John Wayne.
    In today's news announcing her retirement is also the story of the telegram she received when her critics were very harsh:
    "Don't let the bastards get to you - signed John Wayne".

• I honestly don't think Barbara Walters is really capable of retiring. I mean, she's officially leaving "20/20," but she's still going to do her interview specials and that other show she's on ("The View," which I've never seen and never plan to see). We'll have her doing interviews from a hospital bed one day, in her 90s, probably, hooked up to a respirator and an IV unit and who knows what else.

There's going to be a TV special aired here in the States tonight for those that are interested. Called "25 on '20/20'," it will feature highlights from her years of interviews. I imagine John Wayne will be on, and I'll tune in to see Johnny Carson - another icon I've always liked and still miss.

Hey, does anyone know how many times JW was on Johnny Carson's show? I recall reading about at least one visit, where he reportedly drank Wild Turkey backstage.