Oh Happy Day

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,265 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just learned that one of my all-time favorite films will be released in January on DVD. Highly recommended for those of you who remember the "Golden Age" of Hollywood.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Me too, Arthur. Obviously, the link I posted was faulty. Anyway, the film is "Ivanhoe" starring Robert and Elizabeth Taylor. I thought it was one of the best costumers Hollywood ever made.

• Hi Stumpy

Robert Taylor, Elizabeth Taylor, George Sanders Finlay Currie gorgeous Technicolor, jousting and Robin Hood. Merrie England at its best and nothing like real life. But I agree with you it was great.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Another great (IMO) film that will be released on DVD in Region 1 at the same time (11 January) is "King Solomon's Mines" with Stewart Granger, Deborah Kerr and Richard Carlson. Probably the best of the African safari adventures.

Originally posted by arthurarnell@Oct 22 2004, 02:46 AM
    Merrie England at its best and nothing like real life.

Puhleeeeeeze, Arthur - don't disabuse us lifelong Anglophiles of our starry-eyed, romantic notions about merrie olde England. :lol:

• Hi Stumpy

All right I won't. But if you notice It doesn't rain in Merrie Olde England and the sun shines all the time just like real life LOL.
    And I won't argue with you about King Solomon's Mines either because I happen to like Stewart Grainger and Deborah Kerr. I also liked Richard Carlson playing William Barrett Travis in Republics Last Command.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• :cowboy: And speaking of Ivanhoe. It was being played on TCM this morning before I left the house to come here and visit with you all. TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The "Resurrector" at work again -

I remember seeing "King Solomon's Mines" when it was first released in theaters - I must have been 8 or 9 at the time (saw it with my parents). I still remember the sense of wonder the movie provided - the adventure of going into the unknown and discoveries made.
    This is still a rip-roaring saga that still holds up today. In fact, I just watched it during the holidays.

Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"