Bridget Jones' Diary

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,105 times. The latest Post () was by arthurarnell.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just seen a screening of the new Bridget Jones this morning; they use the main London attractions as in Brannigan again, Tower Bridge and Picadilly Circus (not that there's any connection at all, of course). Very enjoyable, by the way.

• Hi Roland

I watched her on Parkinson on Saturday night with Mel Brooks and Kevin Spacey.She must be the greatest actress in the world. Seeing her on television or walking down the street you wouldn't give her a second glance. She looks like she needs a good meal and has no figure or looks to speak of, and has only three variations, but as Bridgett ... well that's another thing.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I had a chance to interview her this morning, a vibrant personality and very nice person, as a matter of fact - and definitely one you would give a second glance in private.

• That's one for television, not print, she was promoting the European start of Bridget, together with Colin Wilson (Hugh Grant cancelled, but I met him before while promoting "About a Boy"). Last Saturday, I was up for an interview with Robert F. Kennedy, a truly remarkable man. It's always good to have done those interviews, but always nervewrecking to make it happen.

• Rumor has it, Hugh Grant is semi retiring. He says acting is "boring" for him. Oh well I guess.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi

We watched Bridget Jones Edge of Reason last night. I thought that it was quite enjoyable given that some critics over here slated the picture.

Watching Renee as Bridget, as much as I like her and in deference to the fact that you have met and interviewed her, I think I still prefer a weighty Renee to a slim version.

Colin Firth and Hugh Grant played their parts very well, possibly Grant slightly better as he had more freedom to be slightly off the wall, and if he does stay in acting I can see him switching from comedy heroes to playing the cad, a sort of romantic Terry Thomas or Leslie Phillips type of role.

I see what you mean about the Brannigan locations Roland, but I suppose Picadilly Circus and Tower Bridge are most peoples Bog standard view of London.

I don't know where they got the idea that every time Christmas comes around the countryside is covered in snow, although it looks very picture cardish it dosen't happen that often, which is why the country is put in chaos at the first hint of the white stuff.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi Arthur
    of course, when doing a London film, you probably can't avoid those two - yet even Mr. Bond managed to never get a scene at Piccadilly (or at least I can't think of one). So for me, whenever I get to London (which, unfortunately, I didn't get a chance lately), I'm always thinking: Brannigan jumped that bridge, whenever I see it. It certainly was the backdrop of a lot of pictures, Fish Called Wanda, The Wild Geese, et cetera. There are even private photos of Clint Eastwood visiting Tower Bridge, although he never filmed there, he was at Pinewood for Where Eagles Dare.

• Hi Roland,

Thats the trouble we take it for granted, but on one occasion last year I was in London to visit a small art gallery in Southwark that was showing some photos of Marylin Monroe and Dean Martin, and we actually got to go inside and to the top of Tower Bridge. Seeing all the machinary and films of how it was built were quite amazing. If you haven't alraedy done it next time you're in London take the opportunity.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Isn't that open to public anymore? I remember the very first time I got there I took that trip OVER the bridge, from one tower to another, the museum they have in there for the tourists. Of course I never bothered to do it again after that.

• Hi Roland,

It was open this summer when we did it, or was it last summer. Its a sign of getting old time passes so fast. I don't know if its closed since.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low