Does Anyone Remember A Cable Tv Station

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,905 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Or if it is still around, does anyone have access to it?

We had it here several years ago but for some reason it was dropped from the stations we had on our line up. If your not familiar with this channel, it had a completely different theme every day of the week. For instance:

Monday might be for Mysteries.
    Tuesday might be for Crime shows and movies.
    Wednesday was for Action/War shows and movies.
    Thursday was for Western shows and movies.
    Fridays were for something else possibly Romance?
    Saturdays and Sundays were childrens programmming etc.

Anyway, if you like collecting Westerns like I do (this is how I was able to get appx 400 Westrern movies that are in my collection) it was an excellent source for them. Because of that station, I was exposed to many many westerns for the first time including many with stars I never heard of before. I also was able to see shows I never heard of before like: Buffalo Bill Jr and Annie Oakley.

I'd like to hear from anyone who does have access to this channel, as well as from others who do not.

Best regards--TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• From what you've described, it almost sounds like the "Encore" system, though "Encore" has a separate channel for each genre instead of showing a different genre on different days.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• :cowboy: Hi Stumpy, Yep, Plex had a different theme each day of the week. My favorites were Wednesdays and Thursdays. Wednesdays I was able to watch 2 hrs of COMBAT and other war movies and such. Thursdays my VCR really went to town as I kept it busy recording western after western after western. This is how I got exposure to the likes of Wild Bill Elliott, Kenneth Starette, Bob Steele (except for his days as a Three Mesquiteer) and many others.

I am hoping that someday I can afford a computer of my own so I can record all of these to DVD. This was also how I first heard and saw Buster Krabbe as a Cowboy. His sidekick was Al St. John.

I have heard of Encore and I THINK it might be avaliable in my area. The only glitch is is that its not on the cable system that is used at the apartment complex I now live at since we get free cable here.

I sure would love to have access to something like Encore.

Take care and Best regards--TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..