New DVD Releases

There are 166 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 45,614 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• My wife and I seen the new Robin Hood in the theaters. We thought it was a good movie. I will be purchasing it.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I can't believe it - those idiots in Hollyweird are finally going to release one of my all-time favorite Westerns on DVD. I've been waiting for this for many years. A funny yet sad tale of the passing of the Old West.

Now if they'd just get around to releasing "High Chaparral", my Western collection would be pretty well complete.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I can't believe it - those idiots in Hollyweird are finally going to release one of my all-time favorite Westerns on DVD. I've been waiting for this for many years. A funny yet sad tale of the passing of the Old West.

Just to follow up on this - this version of "Monte Walsh" is much, much better than the Tom Selleck film. I highly recommend it to those of you who like Western movies.

• Stumpy, I have not seen the Lee Marvin original yet. I did like the Tom Selleck version. It was good but not great. When I get a chance I will check it out. Thanks.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Stumpy, I have not seen the Lee Marvin original yet. I did like the Tom Selleck version. It was good but not great. When I get a chance I will check it out. Thanks.

Like I said, Todd, the Lee Marvin version of "Monte Walsh" is a much better movie than Selleck's. I think you'll agree when you see it. There are parts of it that are funny as hell but overall, the film is kinda sad because it depicts the passing of the old West and the cowboy way of life.
    Jim