How Green Was My Valley

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,125 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :cowboy: I have always heard about the movie: How Green Was My Valley but have never seen it. Can you please tell me about it? and who's is in it?

Best regards--TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ringo,

I made this into a separate topic because it is a separate topic. :rolleyes:

This is a John Ford picture made back in 1941, with some great actors including Maureen O'Hara, Walter Pidgeon, Donald Crisp, Anna Lee, Roddy McDowall and Barry Fitzgerald.

This is a winner of five (5) Academy Awards including best picture, best director, and best supporting actor (Donald Crisp).

Seen through the eyes of a boy, This is the inspiring yet heartbreaking story of young parents struggling to keep their family together as they endure severe hardship in a small Welsh mining town. This acclaimed classic captures the sentiments and issues of its time while reminding us of the dreams, struggles, and triumphs every family that can touch every family. Taken from the movie synopsis.

I like the movie, and it is a great drama from the Ford collection. It is in Black & White, and runs 118 minutes.

SUre some can give other personal opinions. I've seen this movie, but it has been a long time. Hope this helps. I recommend you see this, because it is a great Ford movie.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Hondo,

It was in this movie that Maureen O'Hara mentions John Ford's Luck for the first time as when he was shooting the wedding scene a gust of wind was supposed to have come up from nowhere and blown Maureen O'Hara's veil up into the sky. Everyone put the resulting visually stunning scene down to Ford's luck. After Maureen O'Hara said luck had nothing to do with it as Ford had a wind machine stratgically positioned to get exactly the shot he wanted.

But I agree with you the cast is good particulary Roddy McDowell and Anna Lee who got on very well with John Ford considering they were both English, Donald Crisp and Walter Pidgeon give the film strength.

And all in all it makes for a good picture.

Regards
    Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• :cowboy: Hello Hondo/Arthur.

Hondo, thanks for the info on that movie. It sounds like its a good one to watch and kind of reminds me of one Henry Fonda had made about the Depression in the 1930's. I think it's called: The Grapes Of Wrath. I watched it once several years ago and remember liking it alot.

Arthur, thanks for that extra info as well.

Best regarsds--TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..