Searchers Bank Vault

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,892 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I watched The Searchers again today and I always chuckle a bit whenever Ethan's brother Aaron hides the money he is given. This reminds me of the Jerry Seinfeld joke about people at the beach hiding their valuables in their shoes. (which honestly I have always done)

My heroes have always been cowboys.

• Yeah, I laugh at that also. But, it was a different time back then. People came and went and if they were friends they usually walked right in to the house even if you were'nt home. So I guess the phrase "Out of sight, out of mind" comes to mind.

Funny you watch The Searchers today, so did I. :lol:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• :cowboy: You guys weren't the only ones to watch The Seachers today. I watched it this morning. Last night I watched Rio Grande again this time to see if I could spot Chillbill in the scene after the rescue of the Children at that Church.

TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• He carries the company flag in She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, so you can see him quite a bit in that one. I'll probably watch Rio Grande tonight and try to spot him. I have seen him in a still photo of the church scene.

• When I was a youngster my folks never locked the doors. I doubt they even knew where the keys were, but I can't imagine that situation today.

• :cowboy: I don't have "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" on DVD yet but when I get it, I will watch out for him there as well.

Did he post a complete list of movies he was in somewhere on this site?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I'll pull this from a few months back -
    I watched "The Searchers" last night for the first time in a while. I cannot believe that JW's detractors continue to say that he wasn't an actor. Duke's acting goes beyond the words in the script. It's what he does onscreen without having a word to say - the expressions, the hard look, especially in the eyes. There is a wealth of commentary said here without a word being spoken. And in the final scene, the tribute given to Harry Cary when Duke crosses his left arm to grasp his right elbow (a movement Cary did in many of his films). I understand Olive Cary, who was off-camera, broke into tears when JW did this.
    Cheers - Jay ^^

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• When you think about hiding money, and I'm sure we all must do it, some, personal way.!
    Big money of course, to some is a temptation!

DONOVANS REEF- towards the end of the film,is a slot machine, that pays off!
    The priest puts in a silver dollar, and it pays out 2700 silver dollars! These were borrowed from The Bank of America, and observed by five armed guards!.
    This was shot on the Paramount back lot in Hollywood.
    Perhaps they didn't trust the Duke? !!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England